TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Woke up in de morning", and what a gorgeous morning it was too - water steaming off the bike cover with the morning sun, the dustbin man looking thoroughly pissed off with having to work this early. Ride to work was great, not one wannabee in my way and did the odd wheelie, breathed the crisp air and agreed with myself that the necktube has to be brought back into service. Normal denim jeans are no longer sufficiently protecting me from the elements either, so it's on with the lined waterproofs, snugg as the proverbial bug in a rug...with a 2kw fire inside:)

I did start thinking though (I often do when I'm happy and on the bike), one day....I won't be able to ride my TL :( ...one day, I'll have worn her out and bought something else, something that resembles the emotionless bikes I see today with 2006 plates.

Glum :( ...but happy :)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
What are we going to do :O
What bikes today have character, without spending 20k, then it is just posers.

I thought the Benelli would have been popular but evidently with the prices NOT.

Come on Suzuki get your fingers out :rant

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Morini Corsaro, Benelli TNT, Aprilia Tuono, a cheap SV with a grand or so of trick bits, BMW K12 :dowhat , there are characterful idiosyncratic bikes out there still :devious :)

I was cursing having to take my son to school, thus driving the car, all the way in this morning. I shoulda gone back and got the bike :rant :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
tls-moose said:
Morini Corsaro, Benelli TNT, Aprilia Tuono, a cheap SV with a grand or so of trick bits, BMW K12 :dowhat , there are characterful idiosyncratic bikes out there still :devious :)
I dunno if it's just me...but SV's look a bit clynical to me:dunno BMW...? I'm not THAT old!:laugh As for the rest, I ain't got a deep enough pocket!:banghead
tls-moose said:
I was cursing having to take my son to school, thus driving the car, all the way in this morning. I shoulda gone back and got the bike :rant :banghead :banghead
Gutted:banghead that's why I ride every day - you never miss a good day...OK...so you get some bad days, but it's all ying yang in the end:D

Posh Johnny said:
Come on Suzuki get your fingers out :rant
:stupid I ain't holdin' me breath though:dowhat

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Felt like taking some pictures while on a smoke break, so I did :) clickie for biggies...

Up a non-bike friendly road to work:(

The little converted stable wot I work in.

We've got some big tree!:banana

The moped :D

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tinyUK said:
some things never change...... :dowhat
wash the damn bike :kicknuts :laugh :laugh
:thumbup
hey tiny!:rant it rained yesterday, ain't that good enough!

:laugh

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
It's all a matter of interpretation. All bikes have character just like people. Just because there's a zillion of a particular bike out there doesn't mean the bike doesn't have character, it's just a different character. There will always be a place in your heart for your TL that you'll remember her with fondness, but you'll grow to love another just as much someday.

And as for not being that old for a BMW, once again, it's all a matter of perception. I'm only 32 but I'd have a goldwing in a heartbeat. Not as my only bike, but if I could afford it there'd be one parked in my stable with a plethora of other bikes. Your never too old to ride sportbikes and your never too young to ride comfortable bikes. After all...they are all just bikes and if you ride, :thumbup

Unless your on a Harley! :rotfl

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Gixxer...............you had to go and spoil the moment by mentioning Triker's new love, HARLEY!! :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gixxerjasen said:
It's all a matter of interpretation. All bikes have character just like people. Just because there's a zillion of a particular bike out there doesn't mean the bike doesn't have character, it's just a different character. There will always be a place in your heart for your TL that you'll remember her with fondness, but you'll grow to love another just as much someday.

And as for not being that old for a BMW, once again, it's all a matter of perception. I'm only 32 but I'd have a goldwing in a heartbeat. Not as my only bike, but if I could afford it there'd be one parked in my stable with a plethora of other bikes. Your never too old to ride sportbikes and your never too young to ride comfortable bikes. After all...they are all just bikes and if you ride, :thumbup

Unless your on a Harley! :rotfl
Oh, it's you again!:laugh

I'm not really dissin' tourers, shit man I had this when I was 22 and had it until I was nearly 26!:laugh

They're just getting so boring - nice handling, safe, blah blah. I like something that wants to spit me off on a whim...or weighs 275KG as above and requires effort to get it round a corner quick.:banana

Besides, I'm English, and this means I can't be happy without complaining about something!:lol :lol :lol

The TL will always be my favourite...:)

Character is a fair point, I admit even a hardly has character...but an SV to me was just put in a single mould press and squirted out the backside of the factory, and like an odourless fart isn't even noticed by the dog.

PS I don't work for Suzuki:laugh

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I did start thinking though (I often do when I'm happy and on the bike), one day....I won't be able to ride my TL ...one day, I'll have worn her out and bought something else, something that resembles the emotionless bikes I see today with 2006 plates.

we should be able to keep these bikes going for years yet..... i have no plan at all to ever part with mine. she'll be a classic in another ten years top... so peoople will still make the bits that break often. and with a site like this one, getting stuff will never be a problem.:)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
You can't get a more classic bike, one that loves to spit you off on every corner:eek:mg , that every one that see one likes it, that is a 80's icon and it's a Suzuki. Yes it's the G.P. rep the RG500 Gamma:hail :hail :hail This was my last one of 4 i owned until it was written off last year:banghead :banghead :banghead (woman driver):rant

Those were the days:bawling

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jagboy1 said:
we should be able to keep these bikes going for years yet..... i have no plan at all to ever part with mine. she'll be a classic in another ten years top... so peoople will still make the bits that break often. and with a site like this one, getting stuff will never be a problem.:)
:stupid :rockon You're right, that's puts the smile back on my face, cheers:thumbup

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
i don't want to ever get rid of my TL, prime example was at the ring this year,(yeah i know track knowledge helps a lot)i was out on a lap on my own and down the really fast sort of straight bit after bergwerk i was really giving it some, and went past a couple of british guys on thier gixxers etc, came to the hairpin before the carousel and a bloke on a new blade shat himself when he saw me in his mirrors, he pulled to his right and i hoofed up a lovely wheelie over the crest right alongside him dropped it back down and tipped into the carousel, promptly pissed off into the distance, i finished the lap and stopped near the entrance, took off my gloves and helmet, rolled a fag lit it up, and then he finished his lap, he looked at me in disbelief and went and parked with his mates pointing over towards me, i was laffin my head off,it's a great feeling beating some of the new generation of bikes round a place like that

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Poser :nana :nana :nana :laugh

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Toledo said:
Poser :nana :nana :nana :laugh
yep, don't tell me you wouldn't do it, 8 year old TL with over 50.000 miles on it, :hail hmmm i wonder how fast I could go round there on a K6 gixxer:O :laugh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts