TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the TL finally got a little brother.......Dubbed "The Little Gecko Project"..........2001 SV650........It's roll.........for the girl and track days. And being that all the TLR gremlins always come out after 20K.....now I have backup for the days when the beast is bitchin.

All Street plastic and other parts have arrived and now I get to build.

The First thing coming off......a 1990 GSX-R front end...that's right "1990"

A 2001 complete stock SV front end with Racetech springs is going in it's place.....back to SV clips....brakes and wheel.

It should clean back up the front end twitch the other guy kept falling from...:coocoo

Parts staying on the bike....Hindle Pipe....BMC...PCII....Penske Rear....CFM rearsets....and the 520 setup. Will probibly pick up new race glass for the track.......somthin...Gecko GREEN.

Will definantly be on the road by the time the weather thaws

Can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
sweet deal, I was/am thinking about getting one to abuse on the track as well as for Dvlldy to ride on when she gets a bit more experience.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I took my inventory today.......turns out the subframe was a bit more hacked under the race tail than imagined......guess I'm one piece short of starting the tail.

Da Pile....

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cool bike, looks like loads of fun! Several folks here have or had SV's and can probably help with setup etc. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Nice, SV's are awesome little bikes

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you set it up for the track and have any questions I can check out my sv and point you in the right direction. I didn't build it though, so like I said, I'll have to check it out for you. Oh, and my subframe on the sv is modded to accept the race tail.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Wanna sell that gixxer front end?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Del.....did you hear me buzz by yesterday? Was trying to be pretty loud and send you a TL tribute......I love those switch backs in front of your house. I actually have a subframe on the way now...thanks though.......SVrider.com is about as impressive as this site....Over there I have a higher TR than post count........and sorry patracy the 1990 GSX-R front end is off and sold as of yesterday....paid for the subframe and some.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts