TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, may be ignorant of me, and who knows maybe itll just be down right fun. Picked up an 02 1000r that has "seen some" you could say. Some scuffage, can tell it was rode, but only 24k on the odo. Live in the flat straight state of Nebraska, and once i mutter several choice words, and manage to knock my hands into everything unnecessary ill hopefully have her on the road come spring. How we sit- running good, idles good, even has great throttle response. Charging system is a bug, battery replaced (seller) new stator and r/r and gasket in the box waiting, and while ive had some experience with a 08cbr stator r/r, most of this will be completely foriegn to me. aside from the charging- clutch master cylinder is shot i believe. Seller had bled the clutch, good and tight, got to the house (hour and a peice) no pressure, fluid coming from what looked to me like the area the lever flexs, cup is dirty probably a good time for a rebuild anyways so the question there becomes, aftermarket? Oem 209 from Suzuki or 195 on bike bandit- am not opposed to that but if the combined wisdom of the community says "rebuild should fix it" ill just get a kit, may need a boot, and a pair of circlip pliers because god knows 20$ is worth 2 hours of cursing the ground.
Oh, and left rear turn signal stays solid. Ill admit to my lurking and say, while i cant say i wont do the same, i appreciate the "turn signal to license plate light" story. But lets be honest, before im done, thats probably the best thing ill do.
Maybe most people my age dont rememeber like i do, but i rememeber at 10 flipping through the magazines waiting on my mom to finish shopping, and the moment i knew i needed a sport- was when i saw the tlr's @*$"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whew- so the more i look the more im convinced i was meant to save this bike. Slave cylinder- holds fluid about as well as a bottomless cup- will likely get an oem assembly (think i saw one for 80ish on ebay) to go with the master cylinder rebuild kit thats on the way, plastics are all "there" minus some of the more important parts (most tabs seem to be cracked or broken) so who knows, it may get a new dress too. The more i look at the confounded wiring, the more relaxed i am with the idea that at 12 i didnt know how to properly make electrical connections, since it would seem some grown men struggle aswell- however i snapped a few more pics after dropping some more fairings- and believe me, im putting up all of them, even the ones that made me tear up.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slave cylinder went on my '02 as well, replaced with oem kit and been great since.

Good luck with the project.
Thankyou! Its been abit of a headspin for me, but theres no quit in me! Not to beg for information (but i am) in the event that my slave shim is fubar- ive seen some say it can be repaired with rubber cement as it doesnt serve the purpose of seal- just want to make sure i hadnt been sniffing paint- went ahead and found a good looking slave cylinder on ebay for 30, just doesnt come with the shim. The rebuild is about the same, but with the neglect this bike has seen, i imagine the newish housing will be worth the cost itself.
Ahh. Hopefully once the clutch is done, its charging system, blinker fix, and then dress up!
Can you tell im excited, im not hiding it well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update- blinker fixed as of today, got the new slave and master rebuilt and reduced about a lb of weight removing road grime (and a few rocks) hopefully nobody gets sick, and i was too excited to get the new one on, line bled and see how it shifts to take an after pic, but for you nasties out there pic to follow of the outer pushrod and what had made it in behind and around the slave. Hadnt removed the sprovket cover when i took it, but it did come off to better remove gunk aswell. Hopefully the stator is next weekends

1 - 6 of 6 Posts