TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The honda blackbird has some of the best looking saddle bags you can get. they are called Beetle bags. Corbin only makes them for the cbr and no others. any of your fabricators ever try to make something simular?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
:stupid that just looks wrong

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I dig them, but the average 3k mile a year squid won't have much use for them nor would serious track-day folks. Very few people actually tour on a TL - probably so few that it wouldn't be possible for a company to make $$ (or even break even) selling hard bags for the bike. The R&D, moulds etc would be very expensive and would need to be amoratized over many many units.

·
Registered
790 Posts
In the purchase of my tiller, the previous owner gave me a set of tlr red soft bags he had used. They actually look ok on the bike too, the underside is cut upwards towards the rear following the pipes. A tag on them says "killa" and it says "team final drive" down the length of them, so I did some searching but came up with nothing. At first I thought they were neat and figured I'd use them, but a backpack always seems to hold what I need.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Er, no no no!! too much like a Honda Deuville (sp.) :puke

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
nah bro it aint about looks. they carry a sh!tload of stuff. but to be honest i think they look cool. they dont make em for the TL but they do make em for several other bikes. i have seen them on a busa, a beemer and we have a set on my girls VFR. check it out.
in the background you can see the soft luggage i have to use on the tiller.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
+1 on liking them.

I am looking to get another bike next year hoping to do some touring, if I end up with the XX, I may have to look into the bags.

·
Retired Admin
1,766 Posts
IMO, the main problem with the Corbin bags is their lack of capacity and odd shape. No sport bike looks good with hard bags. If you're going to hang big boxes on your bike, you'd might as well make them actually functional. The Corbin bags barely hold more than a large tank bag. You can buy a set of GIVI's for less and carry much more.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
o i dunno man. we are able to fit both our mesh jackets and gloves into one of them. mines the half mesh half leather agv deal so its pretty bulky.its very handy for going somewhere but then not having to walk around in your gear. you can secure it somewhat. have also been able to put enough in them for 2 to go spend a night somewhere.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You can buy a set of ANYTHING for a lot less. Last time I checked, those Corbin things were around $800! Ouch!

I use some Nelson Rigg saddlebags, which I'm sure aren't as nice as anything GIVI puts out, but they work, and cost only about $80.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
:stupid

My $40 DaKine backpack has done the trick 90% of the time. But on longer rides som Givi's would be nice

·
Registered
170 Posts
I picked a set of saddle bags, a tail bag and a tank bag from Givi for my trip across the country. They are amazing, lots of room plus zippers to make them smaller or larger. My tank bag doubles as a backpack.

·
Retired Admin
1,766 Posts
o i dunno man. we are able to fit both our mesh jackets and gloves into one of them. mines the half mesh half leather agv deal so its pretty bulky.its very handy for going somewhere but then not having to walk around in your gear. you can secure it somewhat. have also been able to put enough in them for 2 to go spend a night somewhere.
If you're happy with them, that's all that matters. However, from my perspective you just made my point for me. If I'm going to the trouble and expense to mount hardbags on my bike, they'd better be able to hold a lot more than two jackets and gloves. IMO, a hardcase isn't worth having if you can't get two helmets in it.

HUGE, yes! UGLY, maybe! Functional, HELL YES!!! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
The honda blackbird has some of the best looking saddle bags you can get. they are called Beetle bags. Corbin only makes them for the cbr and no others. any of your fabricators ever try to make something simular?
With some fabrication, one can do most anything. (My dads got an awsome set of tools) How about nonfango hard bags? They make a great addition to a TLS

·
Registered
91 Posts
With some fabrication, one can do most anything. (My dads got an awsome set of tools) How about nonfango hard bags? They make a great addition to a TLS
This is the only pic from where I at right now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts