TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,248 Posts
I donno, Eric Buell and MV together could result in some real interesting motorcycles.:devious

·
Registered
963 Posts
:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Can't wait for the new all chrome 800lb MV... But I guess now it will be ok to ride an MV with a scullcap.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
heard that on the radio today...so they are spending money on MV and laying off ppl in penn. ??

·
Registered
722 Posts
This will be interesting to see unfold. I always wonder about small exclusive expensive narrow focus brands and how they will survive. This will be like when Ford bought Jag and LandRover. Take the good and fix the bad and use more reliable less expensive mass produce parts to make a better machine all togeather. It really depends on how Harley handles it. Harley is smart business wise so hopefully they won't mess up the good parts.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Harley is having a hard time of it lately. Seems they lost their shirts on a lot of bad loans through their financing arm. Sales of new Harleys are tanking, along with the US economy. Perhaps Harley sees MV Agusta as appealing to a more "recession proof" customer. It certainly broadens their product offering.

Harley is changing with the times. The V-Rod, new Rotax powered Buell and now this. Perhaps someone is awake in the top offices at HD after all. If I was in charge, I would do exactly the same thing. Good for Harley. :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
This is more likely Harley's move to appeal to a younger crowd that will grow-up and buy from them all through life. MV-Agusta is a real world class motorcycle that performs and looks good doing it. Eric Buell and MV-Agusta sounds like a good combination.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
This is more likely Harley's move to appeal to a younger crowd that will grow-up and buy from them all through life. MV-Agusta is a real world class motorcycle that performs and looks good doing it. Eric Buell and MV-Agusta sounds like a good combination.
you mean the sportbike crowd? there are plenty of younger people riding harleys.

the first to years i went to road america were the last two years of harley ama racing, i have to say it was cool to see them there i hope this helps them get there foot back in the door....

·
Registered
580 Posts
MV-UELL, or MVUELL. Don`t know we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well MV isn't known for their reliability either...

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Well MV isn't known for their reliability either...
Then they will fit right in with the rest of HD's product offerings. :lol

To be fair, the new stuff seems to be quite reliable. You would think they could nail it, since HD has been building refinements of the same thing now for 100 years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts