TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the forum changed hands and was bought by corporate garbage, I just want to give a huge applause to Tony. He's been so diligent in helping new users. I can honestly say I was an asshole and have fallen off. It's just not the same.

But Tony has been a steward. A light at the end of the tunnel. And that's how I was introduced to him. A bright light individual.

This forum will never be the same after the buy out. It's utter garbage now. They put it on the assembly line and don't give a shit about it. Ads on people that have been around forever. Bullshit posts from sponsors that crowd honest people trying to get honest answers.

All to say.

Tony (Six5) you are an all star. A true mentor and a true free flowing information fountain.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,610 Posts
I'm not sure what to say to this....

I appreciate your sentiments Eliott. Thank you.
However, the reality is most of what I posted I learned from those who came before me. Too many to name, but you know who you are. (y) The true Fountainheads are the ones who started these forums, The Zone, The Planet, & TL1000.com. They took the time to learn and dissect the TL and explain it to the rest of us. I took what I learned from them and put my twist on it and ended up using twice as many words as I needed to explain the issue. :):LOL:
Apparently, most of the members endured it, but I may have scared a few of them off.:unsure:

Still, it was fun, and you (collectively) have been a good bunch to work with through the years. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After the forum changed hands and was bought by corporate garbage, I just want to give a huge applause to Tony. He's been so diligent in helping new users. I can honestly say I was an asshole and have fallen off. It's just not the same.

But Tony has been a steward. A light at the end of the tunnel. And that's how I was introduced to him. A bright light individual.

This forum will never be the same after the buy out. It's utter garbage now. They put it on the assembly line and don't give a shit about it. Ads on people that have been around forever. Bullshit posts from sponsors that crowd honest people trying to get honest answers.

All to say.

Tony (Six5) you are an all star. A true mentor and a true free flowing information fountain.
damm rite,he has been there and still is every time I have a question.he has saved me a lot of time, and nerves. I also want to give a shout out to Ricky snicker as well, thanks Ricky.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thank you :). However, like others, I have Tony to thank as well. He had been the recipient of a few phone calls and texts when I am stuck, and he has ALWAYS taken the time to get back to me, and usually very quickly!!! Thank you Tony!

Funny, I didn't know you were on the old blue board, or was Gary's board TL1000.com?

·
Registered
670 Posts
BTW, as much as some people hate this board, I like it much more than FB or any of the other (anti)social media venues. You can always get an answer here and it's MUCH easier to search for answers or info. I'm glad that people like Tony post so much and that just leaves all the info for the rest of us to look at.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,610 Posts
Funny, I didn't know you were on the old blue board, or was Gary's board TL1000.com?
Rick, I couldn't tell you for sure. I was just getting started back then. I'm sure I didn't post anything on the blue board. I was just a lurker. 😯 I was even a lurker on the Zone for a couple years before I posted anyting. 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts