TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got back home at 21:30, would have been sooner but M6 was completely closed at Junction 16 and I needed to get to Junction 11
Arse is aching 535 miles door to door
1st time out with some of you guys really enjoyed myself :)
Count me in next time work permitting and all that

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Yep, nice to meet you mate, and great to see new and old faces. :yes

I saw the sneaky wheelies. :devious

·
Registered
795 Posts
Aye :thumbup ,
Thanks all for a great day out.
Hope everyone got home OK.
I'm really aching now, I'm gonna pay for it when I wake up tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

Only loaded up this one pic , will do the rest tomoz , off to bed , well knackered , must be my age :O , that was one long day , thanks to all who made it happen :hail :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
:) What a great day out - fantastic weather, some excellent roads and good to see everyone - faces old and new!
A succesful and really enjoyable day with no unfortunate incidents (well none reported yet - hope everyone got home OK).
Thanks to Johnny for organising a great day out :thumbup well done mate.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Had a great day out .. There was quite a few mono wheel antics to keep me smiling ... And Indi says she's changing her name to Julie to make it easier :laugh

Paul & Debs said to say thanks, and your all a great bunch of peeps !!

:hail TLR's

·
Registered
918 Posts
UKbiker said:
Had a great day out .. There was quite a few mono wheel antics to keep me smiling ... And Indi says she's changing her name to Julie to make it easier :laugh

Paul & Debs said to say thanks, and your all a great bunch of peeps !!

:hail TLR's

Nice one 'Julie'!!!
Had a brill day, even managed to spit the straw out of my mouth behind Andy!

Good to see y'all again, and thanks Johnny for the excellent organisation.

So, when's the next one:devious

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Thanks to every one for making a great day out:cheers . New friends, old friends, new roads to explore again in future, thanks to Johnny for excellent organisation and possibly the biggest thanks to the great weather:hail , not often we can say that in this country:laugh :laugh :laugh . Roll on the next one:devious

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yep ...had a great day out:O .Hats off to PJ for the work that went into the day:hail . And a big thanks to Kev (SV-650)for playing tail gunner again:hail ....

And the weather....roasty toasty,:)

Whoever sugested the Helmsley TT :hail ..what a road..I will need to fit long travel suspension to cope with the landings..:dowhat

I have to say the highlights for me were .. The scenery going over the Pennines, the Helmsley TT. getting to do the A-686 2 and a 1/2 times, sitting with my feet in the water at Richmond..ahh bliss! but most of all and as always its the company that transforms a great ride into one of those days youll never forget.:) :yes

And a wee apology:blush to those that thought I had done myself in when overtaking the tractor and hay trailer its the :devil in me you know...

Till next time:cheers

·
Registered
684 Posts
:cheers

I got home shortly after 3pm today after taking the scenic route home. :D

Thanks to PJ for organisation and Kev for agreeing to be tail end charlie. It all went very smoothly, even with Jeff's electrical snafu to deal with.

Also, special thanks to Liddywolves for scaring and amusing me in equal measure with a very interesting overtake while we were out yesterday. If that had gone wrong it wouldn't have been grass-tracking, it would have been cliff-side tracking, so a big :hail from me for not wiping out about 6 feet from my front wheel!

Now that I'm warmed up, where are we going next?

·
I was Ukgixxerman
2,072 Posts
ive just managed to get my computer working again:banghead :banghead
i had an excelent day on sunday:hail got to meet some new people and nice to se familiar faces again:hail :hail i apologise if i held you all up with my slight wiring problem:O promise it wont happen again:devious
the roads were awesome except the bumpy one that knocked the wind out of me when i touched down:laugh :laugh
10 out of ten rideout:)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
UKJeff said:
the roads were awesome except the bumpy one that knocked the wind out of me when i touched down:laugh :laugh
10 out of ten rideout:)
Know what you mean mate....mashed my nuts more than once.

Note to self land the bike on an OPEN throttle:laugh may prevent the scary headshakes on touchdown:dowhat

·
I was Ukgixxerman
2,072 Posts
richara3 said:
Know what you mean mate....mashed my nuts more than once.
:laugh :laugh :laugh mine are a bit tender:crazy
that bumpy stretch of road was like being on the WILD MOUSE at blackpool:laugh :laugh

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
A few of the Southern/Northern boys meeting at J23 M6

Andy, Tim, Dave, Spike, Johnny, Kev.

Picked up Paul Haddock at J28 to meet the boys at J38 to re-fuel , then on to Langwathby train station

Paul with a few red bikes

And 1 late comer

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

A quick stop off in Alston so those with empty tanks can have a top up

Barnard Castle was an impromtu stop , bit of Helmet Polishing all round

Mrs Migging giving tips on how to do it right :O

Dave and Chats, Ah thats better

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

After all the helmets were clean :devious

On to Teeside retail park 89p a gallon :hail to UKBiker and Indi his pillion who was soon to give up a guided tour of the Helmsley T.T. :hail p.s. Mark just what are you showing Jeff doing that to your bike:O :)

This was a first for me :O eating at Macdonalds :puke , Kev and Mark

More red and black TLs :hail

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

Here we "ALL" are at Stokesley , I'm just glad that Andy is still in one peice after his brush with a tractor and hay cart , fooks sake my heart was in my mouth :devious :hail

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

I think Jeff was the only one to have problems , a lose wire or a bad connection , still it was nice to see the bikes previous owner get some gentle ribbing :laugh :)

The main group set off and Jeffs bike would not start so Kev , Andy , and Me tried to get it going after about 20 mins the fuel pump primed , so the 4 of us had a really nice ride to Hawes and had a shandy in the Sunshine :)

It's always lonely at the top , we asked could we sit at the top table with our leader :O , the reply was "If your posh you can" so in that instant we knew we had to sit with the commoners :laugh :)

God dam bike , start you B457tard :)

·
Registered
4,186 Posts

The main group joined us after 30 mins , how we got to Hawes first :O some one said "coz we're faster" I like to believe that , but I would be deluding myself:laugh

Marks mate with his pillion past me like I was going backwards :hail :hail respect mate .

We said our good byes to Mark , Indi , Marks mate and pillion , Mrs Miggings , Andy and Chats , and headed to Kirby Longsdale , Devils Bridge :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts