TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all for your help... i was heading off to track day this weekend and I am so glad to have found the problem... The wires ending coming out of the key switch, right at the bottom, were almost sliced in half due to the way someone had put a tie wrap on them.

So, now I am set to go and feeling much better.

There is actually a little piece of of the switch that is metal that the wires can rub on when the bike is turned hard one way or the other. I don't know if it was a factory set up or not, so it may be a good thing to check.

Craig

·
Premium Member
29,860 Posts
:thumbup

2 X C42's in a week and both are now running.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Craig Brooks said:
Thank you all for your help... i was heading off to track day this weekend and I am so glad to have found the problem... The wires ending coming out of the key switch, right at the bottom, were almost sliced in half due to the way someone had put a tie wrap on them.

So, now I am set to go and feeling much better.

There is actually a little piece of of the switch that is metal that the wires can rub on when the bike is turned hard one way or the other. I don't know if it was a factory set up or not, so it may be a good thing to check.

Craig
Always a treat here on the Zone!!

Went to take the bike to grab a bike and no fuel pump prime .. checked a couple things and got pissed and put it away and went up stairs.

While sitting here at my puter i thought "What would the zone guys do?"

well i did a search .. found to put bike in dealer mode

did so and got c42 error

searched a few more posts and found this one.. went back down stairs and sure enough the black wire out of the bottom of the ignition switch had broke in half.

quick butt connected it together and taped it till i can solder it and turned the key and wirrrrrrrr

just wanted to say thanx guys .. a 2 yr old thread saved me from a day of hair pulling

and now i know where to start to check my tps which i will do saturday

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

gotta go .. wife made me noodles

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Known problem on the '97 TLS, you're not alone, started showing up on bikes before the end of '97.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.