TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is mybig day, new front end fixed on, all I have to do is bleed my brakes then away I go for a steady trip to suss out my new front.
Pics will then follow :)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Hope all goes well Johnny:thumbup :bwtiller

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:confused Only have to bleed the brakes :confused sounds really easy:laugh :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Sweet congrats, I will not be doing the streetfighter this year.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Posh Johnny said:
Tomorrow is mybig day, new front end fixed on, all I have to do is bleed my brakes then away I go for a steady trip to suss out my new front.
Pics will then follow :)
Glad to see u finally got sorted and ready to enjoy the experience johnny.:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
just for reference johnny, i've emailed maxton today about my K4 front end and .....

SUZUKI GSXR1000 K3/K4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRONT

The front forks on the later GSXR1000 are very similar internally to the earlier GSXR1000 forks, they are pretty good for normal road use, they do not feel as harsh as other Suzuki forks. You start to have problems when you ride the bike hard, do track days or race. The springs in the forks are too soft so when you brake hard the forks dive and bottom out, there is also not enough rebound damping so when you let go of the brake and peel into a corner the forks spring back at you very quickly, this means that the bike does not turn as well as it should, the other problem you get with lack of rebound damping is when you exit out of a corner the bike will have a tendency to run wide, because the front extends so quickly taking weight off the front wheel. We respring the forks fitting harder springs to suit your rider weight and to suit what you use the bike for and also revalve increasing the rebound damping so you have some control over the extension of the fork, this gives the front forks a lot more feel, control and it will turn in a and hold a line a lot better. The conversion costs £250.00 plus V.A.T plus any worn parts such as seals or bushes.

hope that is of some use (if needed) matey :)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that, possible winter project perhaps :devious
All back together now brakes bled :scared, hardly any movement on the lever at all.
Now the rain is falling :banghead. Don't think the test ride is on today, especially as my Sprint damper bracket requires a little modding so I do not have a damper at the moment, will sort at work on Monday though
I will start a thread in Bike pics of the new look, give me 1/2 hr :thumbup

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
brittls said:
just for reference johnny, i've emailed maxton today about my K4 front end and .....

SUZUKI GSXR1000 K3/K4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRONT

The front forks on the later GSXR1000 are very similar internally to the earlier GSXR1000 forks, they are pretty good for normal road use, they do not feel as harsh as other Suzuki forks. You start to have problems when you ride the bike hard, do track days or race. The springs in the forks are too soft so when you brake hard the forks dive and bottom out, there is also not enough rebound damping so when you let go of the brake and peel into a corner the forks spring back at you very quickly, this means that the bike does not turn as well as it should, the other problem you get with lack of rebound damping is when you exit out of a corner the bike will have a tendency to run wide, because the front extends so quickly taking weight off the front wheel. We respring the forks fitting harder springs to suit your rider weight and to suit what you use the bike for and also revalve increasing the rebound damping so you have some control over the extension of the fork, this gives the front forks a lot more feel, control and it will turn in a and hold a line a lot better. The conversion costs £250.00 plus V.A.T plus any worn parts such as seals or bushes.

hope that is of some use (if needed) matey :)

that'a exactly the same response to an email i sent them. maybe it's automated:O

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've done it, just been out for a spin, I didn't nail it too much but enough to feel she keeps a good line and doesn't feel any more flighty than my last pair.
The brakes took a while to bed in and feel they will just get better and better.
It tipped in quicker, I can't wait to go again..........................yeaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

For some reason I did a few wheelies too, think that must just be my good mood though :devious

1 - 15 of 15 Posts