·
Registered
13,113 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
"VA Network Operations Center - Web Access Denied"
I'll just have to go get on this forum at the library or something. This computer at work won't let me view the stuff I need to see the most. :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been thinking about cleaning the fuel injectors while having the TB's exposed.
I noticed the manual says on page 4-68 to replace the O-ring and dust seal before putting the fuel injectors back in.
Is it necessary to replace the O-ring and dust seal on each fuel injector if I pull them out to clean them? Or can I just put some oil on the rings and put the fuel injectors back in with original O-rings and dust seal?
fi.jpg

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What is the "JET" referring to in the image on page 4-60 of the manual? Is this the inner diameter of the vac hose? Just wondering...
jet.jpg

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I tried another TB sync last night.
Warmed the bike up to 180+ degrees. Got my tubing connected to both TB's.
I turned the bike on and almost immediately, half of my tranny fluid got sucked into the front TB!!
What am I doing wrong?? I started with twice the fluid in this picture...
trans_fluid.jpg
I was only using 6 ft of tubing, much shorter than what most use.
Also, I removed all of the RED vac lines on left side of the bike (including VCSV, orange valve, and the damper that connects to the front of the airbox).
Would the absence of one of the dampers cause the front TB to have a stronger vacuum than the rear? Was it the shorter tubing??
I'd like to try again... but I sure don't want to mess it up a 3rd time!
The tranny fluid smoked a bit but burned off fine. The bike is actually running good today. But I'd still like to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this TB sync thing in case I want to attempt it again.
And if I can ever find one of those torque driver bits with the hole in the middle, I'll do the TPS. :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
I tried another TB sync last night.
Warmed the bike up to 180+ degrees. Got my tubing connected to both TB's.
I turned the bike on and almost immediately, half of my tranny fluid got sucked into the front TB!!
What am I doing wrong?? I started with twice the fluid in this picture...
View attachment 41495
I was only using 6 ft of tubing, much shorter than what most use.
Also, I removed all of the RED vac lines on left side of the bike (including VCSV, orange valve, and the damper that connects to the front of the airbox).
Would the absence of one of the dampers cause the front TB to have a stronger vacuum than the rear? Was it the shorter tubing??
I'd like to try again... but I sure don't want to mess it up a 3rd time!
The tranny fluid smoked a bit but burned off fine. The bike is actually running good today. But I'd still like to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this TB sync thing in case I want to attempt it again.
And if I can ever find one of those torque driver bits with the hole in the middle, I'll do the TPS. :(
If you dont have the torque bit with the hole, gently snap the pin in the middle of the bolt off with a pair of pliers or a flat screwdriver.. :thumbup

Maybe its a preference-thing, but when i used the "tube-on-a-board"-sync tool, i had the U tight.. Easier to see if the level is even...

Dont think the length of the tube matters much... But if you have a bit more tube, it gives you more time to react before the fluid gets sucked into the TB.. :O

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Funny thing is... I used 2-cycle engine oil with the first TB sync attempt. But it was so slow, I thought it was too thick. This time, the tranny fluid immediately seemed to vaporize as soon as the bike was started. Air bubbles every where, fluid thinned out and stuck to the walls of the tubing. Then most of the fluid just disappeared into the front TB. I may try 2-cycle engine oil with the same tubing next time. Tranny fluid must be better than Sea Foam because my bike has never run better! :rotfl

21 - 27 of 27 Posts