TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When removing the tank how do the fuel hoses detach and is this tank going to just let the fuel pour out once the hoses are off or does it work on a vacuum? My last bike wouldn't allow any fuel to pour out the bottom when the hoses were removed and there wasn't a petcock on it either.

·
Registered
179 Posts
no vacuum I am afraid, the fuel pours out.

You need to put a towel under the pipe to catch spilled fuel, pull it and get another drain pipe into a container onto the stub as quick as possible.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
yah, be ready for a mess. siphon as much fuel out as you can, but there'll still be about 1/2 gallon of fuel in there. just make sure that if some does spill out onto the engine you get it cleaned up. most of it will probably evaporate, but pools of it could ignite

·
Registered
79 Posts
under the passenger seat there is a rubber stopper that will plug one of the two fuel lines.

Like they said, drain as much fuel as you can and be ready for the mess.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The main line has a quick disconnect on it, squeeze the top plastic tabs that are sticking out on top and it should release easily, the plastic clip will remain on the tank line. The return line should come off when the clamp is loosened and you give it a good pull.

There will be gas coming out, just tip it sideways quickly when you have the hoses off so that the nozzles are pointing up.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
or just pick up a couple of vacuum line plugs at the auto parts store b4 you start...remove line install plug with a little practice minimal spilliage...???...

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, you should have a plug under the passenger seat. I still never managed to get the sucker on without taking a tiny bit of a fuel shower.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not to steal the thread but how the heck do you get the damn thing off? After removing the front seat do I take the plate off and then unscrew it at the hinge? When I tried that I thought I was gonna round off the bolts? Is that normal? Thanks in advance...CFR

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Still got your tank prop rod? Does it still have the rubber caps on the end? The service manual says those are the plugs for the tank when you remove it. Ingenious.

C

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Not to steal the thread but how the heck do you get the damn thing off? After removing the front seat do I take the plate off and then unscrew it at the hinge? When I tried that I thought I was gonna round off the bolts? Is that normal? Thanks in advance...CFR
All you have to do is remove the bolt through the middle of the hinge.

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
:banghead:laugh

I seem to do this all time. Anyone else? You do a search and you're going through the results and forget your not in current threads?

Funny though, Hope he's not still waiting on the answer.

C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts