TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I be able to do it? I want to glue it back together (a couple of the mounts are busted from a crash) until I come across a reasonably priced replacement, and it would be much easier to do if I could glass it on the inside for reinforcement.

I've tried to gently pry and pull it apart but it almost seems like its glued together and I dont want to mangle it any more then it already is.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
You mean take the lens thing off? IIRC some guys heated it up in an oven & pulled it off as the glue softened. I think they did the same thing to put it back on & used the same glue that was on it.

It was in a clear lens thread somewhere ... may even have been Rupert who posted it :O

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean take the lens thing off? IIRC some guys heated it up in an oven & pulled it off as the glue softened. I think they did the same thing to put it back on & used the same glue that was on it.

It was in a clear lens thread somewhere ... may even have been Rupert who posted it :O
There are two halfs. One half has all the mounts the other holds the glass lense. It looks like they just snapped together but I cant seem to pry them apart.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
There are two halfs. One half has all the mounts the other holds the glass lense. It looks like they just snapped together but I cant seem to pry them apart.
they are snapped together...but inside those snaps is one hell of an epoxy...it helps to seal the unit from moisture as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts