TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are tail risers still obtainable? I really like the looks with them installed. It's not the end of the world because I think it looks great just the way it is. I am just wondering what is still available. I am assuming someone must make them custom made still.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow you came up with the idea? It really makes the bike look much more aggressive. What's your asking price on a set? How much more aggressive is the riding position?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are tail risers still obtainable? I really like the looks with them installed. It's not the end of the world because I think it looks great just the way it is. I am just wondering what is still available. I am assuming someone must make them custom made still.
Hi all, new member here! I know for a fact Jim @ vanzuki still has them I spoke to him last week.

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Wow you came up with the idea? It really makes the bike look much more aggressive. What's your asking price on a set? How much more aggressive is the riding position?
Yes including the words Tail Riser... That I recall the first version prior to 2004 was done by the World famous including Texas Doug B /TLSDoug (and a couple of other handles because he had a top shelf TLR also) I seem to recall a buddy of his Beau (iirc) with a GSXR was involved also, those were a steel plate with steel spacer... One day it came up in a thread (2004) and I made a alloy one piece version for a Kiwi (TLR) in Australia.
My price was Free with Worldwide post, any hole centre/center measurement from 16.5 mm to 19 mm to alter the rise, they went all over the world back in the day but I got tired of dealing with flaky TLR owners after 20 something sets.
Other close mentions were the Billet SOAS, The cut your frame SSSA in TLS mod in 2003,the GSXR1000 slipper clutch in a TLS, billet brake reservoirs, over bored TB's with titanium butterflies, the curved TLS Ohins bracket to invert my Ohlins that became the R1 shock mount, the wide needle roller bearing in the swing arm trick, etc etc etc and a few others that were not made public .. Of course I am quite elderly now so those days are long gone but still have my two 1998 TL1000S's. (20 and 16 years) 1 Moto Guzzi, 4 Ducati's and a Africa Twin that thinks it is a 90 degree V Twin) + some H2's and other old bikes...... I am sure VanMan will sell you a set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts