TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats goin on everybody? i just recently bought my first tlr and thing runs like a bat out of hell. last month i put on a new nitrous kit, purge, custom painted bottle etc, etc. i need to buy an extended swing arm for the damn thing but really dont want to sink 1400 into a swingarm alone. and i hear the extension kits are shit and wont hold any horsepower. any leads for a nubbie on where to buy a cheap extended swingarm or how to modify the spare i have???

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
thing runs like a bat out of hell. last month i put on a new nitrous kit
well it wont for much longer so save your swingarm money for engine rebuilds

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cheap swing arm, nubbie, TLr, and giggle gas spells disaster. Not a drag bike. Not a particularly great engine to "go fast" with. Some will disagree with me I'm sure. After you drop, stretch, and inject on a tl, a 600 will eat you up properly ridden. Careful, and welcome:bigfinger

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
N2wheelies got an old TLS swinger, cut out a section and welded it into his swinger to make it extended. Looked really clean/professional and held up well--he won two NHRA bracket championships on it :hail

Jonnyboy here drag races a nitros injected TLR in the UK I think, you might look up posts by him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks bikepilot i appreciate it. i bought a used swing arm for 80 bucks and thats what im thinking im gonna do. thank
you for the heads up sir

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
N2wheelies got an old TLS swinger, cut out a section and welded it into his swinger to make it extended. Looked really clean/professional and held up well--he won two NHRA bracket championships on it :hail

Jonnyboy here drag races a nitros injected TLR in the UK I think, you might look up posts by him.

n2wheelies was done by a company in San Diego (MDR). IIRC there was some internal bracing done as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts