TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Somebody recently posted a plot of a bunch of bikes, I think including an SV.

The SV1000 has smaller valves and more conservative cams, but recently got bigger throttle bodies.

I think if you want an SV to really perform you need to put on TL heads and cams.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Most bike mags have the SV at 109-112bhp. The TLR is all over the place. But stock, they're pretty consistent at 118-120bhp.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
If anything, the SV bottom end would be more durable. They made lots of detail improvements.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I did post that :)
Try search on "dynorun". There are many dynoruns from lots af bikes compared to each other.
Any way here is a SV compared to TLS, TLS and TLR. The same dyno tested, so charts are comparable

Red is my TLS
- full akrapovic
- airbox mod
- KN filter
- TLR bellmouths 2,5cm
- standard cams and standard 1997 engine
I have changed to a 00 engine and other cams now! That boostet my bike alot! :) U can see new dynoes here
http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79285&highlight=dynoruns

GREEN is a TLR 99
- Joe V airbox mod
- akrapovic exhaust system
- and Teka remap

YELLOW is a SV1000 04
- pipercross
- slipons
- pc3 remap

BLUE is a TLS 1998
- standard airbox with KN
- Slipons
- TEKA remap

the 00 heads are best in low and middle end! 97heads has better flow that gives topend, but looses low/middle
lacks far behind after 7000rom compared to all the other bikes.

Its the heads, valves, tb and maybe the cams? (I dont know the cams info on SV) that is the major reason for the lack.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This is from another Dyno with my new setup.

A friend of mine got his SV1000 handmapped the dqay after me on the same dyno.

Here is my run after map was done. My setup is different from the run in thread above this thread. Here is 2 setups from my bike:

Red line is my TLS 1997 with
- full akrapovic
- airbox mod with lid off
- KN filter
- TLR bellmouths 1,5cm
- Pair system removed
- IN cams from a TLR EXcam is old TLS IN repressed (Thx to Bernhard!!)
- 00 TLS engine

Blue line is my TLS 1997
- full akrapovic
- airbox mod
- KN filter
- TLR bellmouths 2,5cm
- standard cams and standard 1997 engine

Difference on the 2 graphs/setups is engine build yeah and cams!
The 98-00 heads have flow that gains lowend and middleend power but looses a bit topend compared to 97 heads.
the 97heads has better flow that gives topend power, but looses low/middle compared to 98-00 heads
The cams. Well they just give more power all over the line :)

Here is the SV1000 setup is akrapovic cans, handmape map, pipercross filter. Run shows before and after remap

The SV lacks behind after 7000rpm..
heads and valves again :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
nice thread !!
damn, your TLS make so much more torque all the way across the board, and have huge hp advantage above everyone unless the last bit got pulled from the TLR

·
Registered
471 Posts
Btw Chuck. U have to try a handmade map for each cyllinder. That will give U a MUCH better perfoming bike that adjust with an yoshibox!
U should come visit me in Denmark and try for U selv! I have got like 15 TL riders on mine. They were all WOW! hey all have eather a map from internet or teka adjust!

Smoothness, steadyness, perfomance, quicker response, more power! THat are the gais with a handmande map! But U need an expert doing it! A map from internet wont do!

I have done lots of mods during the last yeah. I have got like 10 adjustments with all from yoshibox to pc3 usb,

The guy who handmappet my TLS for each cyllinder is an magician. All the other adjusts that I have tried could match the handmade in any way! There were a very BIG diffrence

·
Registered
471 Posts
gunluv :) :). If U are refering to my first graph, the one with TLS, my TLS, SV and TLR! Then I got like 5HP more all the way up with my new setup with cams and 00 engine.. Got PVM wheels too and a TLS at 170kg! So yes TLR only see the rear at my bike :)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
...but the dual cylinder map requires a pcIII, correct?

tempting, but I'll have a custom map with my PcII as soon as I get mine back together and see where it is.....

·
Registered
471 Posts
yep, and a new software from powercommander (less they have corrected the problem)

I would definately go for the pc3 with 2 maps!

I have tried pc2 with a map. THats good, but pc3 with 2x maps is much better

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Oh yea? any idea where you heard that?

I suppose I could NOT be lazy and go write Dynojet ;-)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
dude.. u just can not compair a fagoty SV to the old mighty TLR.. cant happen..all i know is my bike looks cool sounds cool and fast enough to get me in hell of trouble...and chicks dig it and scream everytime i rev it..specially my blue flames.. Nuff said:bitchslap :fooku :2finger :ytiller :eek:wned

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
dude.. u just can not compair a fagoty SV to the old mighty TLR.. cant happen..all i know is my bike looks cool sounds cool and fast enough to get me in hell of trouble...and chicks dig it and scream everytime i rev it..specially my blue flames.. Nuff said:bitchslap :fooku :2finger :ytiller :eek:wned
fagoty SV...mighty TLR....

:rolleyes

·
Registered
471 Posts
a pc2 only allows 1 map!!!. Its the same map that is used for each cyllinder.
Have been here, have tried it :)

The pc3 allows mapping for each cyllinder. But dynojet gave the pc3usb to TL1000S wrong software, so (less they have corrected it) U have to get new software in it before it possible to use the 2x map feature. My dynomapper has the software for doing it, and I got a map for each cyllinder. Another thing is that thep pc3 can be programmet for each 250rpm, the pc2 only for each 500 or 1000.

No I am not running a TRE. I have got mine testet with and without TRE. Couldnt see any difference. It only ****ed my gear indicator up and map changing in gears in the CDI. I do not recommend a TRE on the TLS! (remember I got the f21 CDI unit on mine, I´m sure the TRE has better effect on the TLR)

I have cut the gearindicator wire, so the CDI is runnig same map in all gears (fault map mode). U gain MUCH more power when making the airboxlid into a filter. I gained 3HP and 4Nm from 1500rpm to topend in all gears. (ramair MAYBE gives 2-3HP when driving 200km/h+, so why not get the 3HP also when driving 10km/h?)
Because my LID is a filter the engine gets same amount of air no matter how fast I´m driving, so my CDI doenst have to calculate (using the gear indicator to do) the more air the ramair is giving because I have LID off. Therefor I cut the gear indicator wire so I have same map in all my gears. The pc3 and map for each cyllinder corrects the fault map mode so my bike gets a 100% correct air/fuel mix on each cyllinder no matter what rpm/throttle i´m driving with.

Here U can se the gain by taking LID off! I also have the TL1000S airbox mod! So both runs are with airbox mod (flapper valve removed and hole opened as much as possible)
The RED run os without the lid!!! mmm free power :)

I have heard ppl say "ohh I lost power when taking the LID off" I answered "Well Did U get a handmade map when taking it off? else the air/fuel mix wont fit". The answer was "no"
Well off course it wont work then. Every time U change air/fuel mix in heavy way U need a new map else U lose power! U can see on the run with and without lid how much it gains when U get a handmade map for it! Just look at the runs

about the ramair!
The TLS/TLR have the early generation of ramair. The intakes are not good placed and the whole ramair system is leaking air! So I do not believe that ramair have any effect en the TL´s. The only effect is that the engine alwas gets cold air insted af heated air (like on the SV1000)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts