TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know or even tried to fit the one piece alloy clutch cover from the SV1000 on a TLR/TLS ?

Do away with the plastic one :laugh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fiche-Man,

To start, sorry for my bad English...

I tried to adapt a TL casing on my SV1000S and they are not compatible.
The interior of the casing is different and one of the screws is not positioned identically. If you want, I can make you a photograph with a joint of casing SV posed on a casing TL

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I was looking at a friends DL1000 - the side case cover and clutch cover is all one part. Would be a pita to access the clutch. Just looking at the two it apears they would be interchangeable but I've not actually tried it.

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want, I can make you a photograph with a joint of casing SV posed on a casing TL
Yes please, I thought maybe the crank cases were the same and hence the cover would also fit :O

Not too bothered about clutch access, I want to transfer my window'd cover to my road bike and fit a solid alloy cover to the race bike for better protection.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Ey look, another Swiss Zoner.
All I can say is the SV cover is NOT compatible with the clear clutch covers.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
you guys rock

:hail

imagine having to remove the wp impeller just to access the clutch :coocoo

·
Registered
3 Posts
you guys rock

:hail

imagine having to remove the wp impeller just to access the clutch :coocoo

And often, it is necessary to change the joint of water pump shaft bus if you dismounts it, you have a risk of oil leak because it is fragile. I already had this problem.:rant

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankyou _GP_

Saved me a valuable lesson there, why would suzuki change the crank cases :O

Rufer, sorry I meant swap the billet clear cover and main cover over, not fit the clear cover onto the SV one :devious

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Saved me a valuable lesson there, why would suzuki change the crank cases :O
I suspect the one piece cover is cheaper to produce. The two piece cover would allow a quick change of the clutch, which could be important in a racing situation.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
But why change the interface between the side cover and actual crank cases:confused

·
15,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew the SV heads had the engine mounts in different places, but I don't see why Suzuki would go to the trouble of re-tooling to change the basic crank case design after so much evolution of the 97 TLS cases to present day TLR cases :O

1 - 12 of 12 Posts