TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i did the most maintainence i have on the sv to date. :laugh changed the oil again, lubed the chain and throttle cable. :laugh. ok, i have done some mods, set the sag, and changed out the tires, then there was a tank recall. as far as required maintainance, the sv has required almost nothing. im probably due for an air filter by now.

i cant say enough great things about these very inexpensive, fuel sipping, easy wheelieing, corner jamming bikes.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I want one...:drool

And I love that you didn't get the S. Have you weighed this one too? :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sweet:thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
One of my all time favorite bikes.
The most fun I ever had at the track was on an SV and really well set up F3(back in the day)

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gixxerjasen said:
I want one...:drool

And I love that you didn't get the S. Have you weighed this one too? :O
get yourself one. i paid $6k out the door for this at my local stealer. even tossed in the sliders. ive seen em pretty thrashed for $2500.

never have weighed this one. often wonder what an SV would be like with CF wheels. :coocoo. besides a theft target. :laugh

did i mention it wheelies (not like i can). :wheelie

·
Registered
676 Posts
Here in PA I have found places selling them out the door for $5,300......$5,500 for the S.

Awesome little bikes, and suprisingly quick.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Love that little blue fairing! You ride that bike more than Mrs. Duke drives her car :laugh

How does it run with the Leo Vince exhaust? It is a sweet looking system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yep... I have put my little first gen SVS through hell and back and it still runs like a mad dog

I remember once I was out in a heavy rain storm and bike wanted to die on the highway on way home from long days ride. Didn't understand why but I pulled off under a bridge and sat there for a second thinking about it. I had just put a flo-commander on the carbs that summer and wondered if that had something to do with it. So, after waiting to see if rain was letting up for 10-15 minutes (which it didn't)... I decided to just see if I could make it home... well got it fired up and with some throttle it kept running so... got it up to speed quickly and took back off down highway still more than 15 miles from home. It made it all the way up to my garage and as soon as I let off throttle... it died and woudn't restart. I was just glad it got me home.... next day find that my flo-commander unit had lost its air flow adjustment screw which probably threw my carbs way out of whack and maybe let moisture in... but the SV still got me home.

Another time I had misfortune of dumping the SV down a ditch thanks to tiredness which caused me to loose my focus on a twisty road. Broke my undertail off geting SV back on road and my right rear set broke. So, I bent right heel guard outward and used it for a foot rest... strapped my undertail down on top of pillion seat so my tags were visible and SV took me 100+ miles back home.

I run the pee of that thing on backroads usually and used to hit rev limiter a lot when it was jetted for higher RPM power and always wondered what kinda wear I was putting on it... but almost 20K miles on it and it stills seems as powerful as the day I got it and it still puts a grin on my face every time I go for a ride. As a friend put it when I let him take it for a ride.... the SV is just plain cheap, reliable fun. :)

I have probably got as much $$$ wrapped up in mine that I could have gotten a better SS bike... but just love the SV too much to upgrade to new bike so I just keep dumping more $$$ into it

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
N2wheelies said:
never have weighed this one. often wonder what an SV would be like with CF wheels. :coocoo. besides a theft target. :laugh
Eh, carbon is overdone and not special anymore these days. Get some and slap a layer of paint on them and be done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
CF shortage (Stupid Airbus corp.)

I know I am new here and don't really know how much carbon fiber parts are made for our bikes, but ever since Airbus bought up so much of the planet's supply of CF for a stupid friggin jet, CF prices have shot up in the automotive industry ad I know of at least two companies that have completely discontinued CF products because of the difficulty acquiring CF. It'll be getting rare again pretty soon. Most CF hoods have already doubled in price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah... I here its c/f is in great demand now

I just seen a new car tire that even uses c/f in the sidewall construction as well... so it appears that c/f is being used in more things than ever

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
damn N2, ur little sv looks good. and has more miles than my TL...... thats error on my part.... we should hang out soon.......

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys!. :thumbup
tbird - we need to ride.

going to run the import race at pomona next weekend.
wanna go to that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts