TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2005 SV1000 with 17 000Km on the clock -

When Idling there is no engine knock/shudder from cold start. Listening with a Screw driver on the clutch cover I can hear a slight knock/shudder but when I pull in the clutch it is gone.

How ever between 2500 and 3700 RPM the bike has a loud Knock/ Shudder till its warmed up - which is making me worry. once bike is warm the Knock/ Shudder is still there but not as bad.

Is this the famous Knock/ Shudder from the clutch that all the SV owner refer to? I had a TL1000s 4years back and did not have this Knock/ Shudder at all and I drove it to 70 000km still going strong.

Advise?

Do you think its doing damage?
Is it the Clutch basket?
Anyone in South Africa that could assist with Clutch basket rebuild?
If not could it be a big end going? but then should it not Knock/ Shudder while idling?

·
Registered
171 Posts
SV 1000,s have a habit of the flywheel magnets coming unstuck, you can refix with a decent epoxy glue, worth checking

·
Registered
223 Posts
It sounds like you have the dreaded clutch chudder. It will not leave you stranded; it is just very annoying. There are 2-3 guys who can fix your basket to make the chudder go away, but non in SA that I know of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SV 1000,s have a habit of the flywheel magnets coming unstuck, you can refix with a decent epoxy glue, worth checking
Thank you mickyc ... Was the fly wheel magnets that have come off.
The one magnet is broken in three... Would glueing it back together and then back on the fly wheel be advisable.?
Or do you think it is going to cause problems with balancing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it also not affect the charging if the Magnet is broken in three?

Thrying to find a second hand Fly wheel or magnet is like looking for chicken teeth in South Africa

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
try Sam he just may have one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts