TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the New England auto show in boston today...wasnt what I expected :no

there were 2 or 3 concept vehicles there, like this one from Suzuki called the Dune:
3.2L V-6, 4wd, huge knobby tires, roof rack full of off-roading goodies, weird looking side exhaust, took kit in the back door, winch, remote reservoir shocks, air compressor, 3,000-lb towing capacity and other goodies. looks like fun :devious

there was also this bad-ass volvo baja concept. 20" rims with bf goodrich knobbies, intercooled turbo, awd, winch, external battery sounrce, roof rack full of stuff, PIAA driving lights, water injection and other stuff

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I like everything about the Suzuki except the exhaust.

·
Registered
976 Posts
That suzuki looks way cool.I think I could own one of those.I am not sure about the exhaust,rather strange.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The zuke is pretty cool. I always liked the looks of the SS Thornbird tires but wouldn't actually want them on my cage. I've driven a friends truck around quite a bit with them and they are noisy on the street and seriously affect fuel mileage for the worse. Grip fairly well off road though.

·
Registered
790 Posts
In terms of styling one of the coolest suv's I've ever seen in person was a completely blacked out Isuzu Vehicross with a wheel and tire setup similar to that Suzuki. I guess they were going for a buggy feel with the exhaust, but I'm not crazy about it. However, overall it reminds me of that vehicross I saw, and I like!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think the exhaust would be cool if you could make flames come out by like a switch or something :devious

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I saw one of those Dune's at the last Denver Auto show. I thought it would be fun as hell, odd exhaust or not!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I like the Suzuki as well. Do you think the idea behind the exhaust it is to keep the ends out of the water like when crossing a river?:dunno

·
Registered
909 Posts
^^Mostly offroaders worry about getting the input and vent holes above the water line and not the output. Air intake, breather holes in the transmission, transfer case, differentials, etc... usually get vented above the waterline. The exhaust isn't bothered by water unless you stall out.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yea, cuz it's a bitch to pull your plugs and flip it over and crank the water out on an SUV after a deep water crossing. :laugh

We always ran the high snorkles on the HMMWV's in the military.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts