TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street fightered top yoke (p-coat black) w/ ProTaper bars.

would this fit a 04/05 GSXR triple FROMa 600/750 GSXR

I have a 97 TLS and I'm planning on installing the GSXR 04/05 front in complete. I'm shooting for a street fighter so the top Yoke would be helpful if it would mount up. Do you think it would?

Thanks in advance.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Adjust your preload to allow for the extra weight of the powder coating :yes But allow for the pro-taper bars if they're lighter than the oem clipons. If you can;t get your sag right, you'll have to play with the springs.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Dell, what in the world are you asking? If its possible to put pro tapers on a GSXR tripple clamp?

Basically there are two ways of putting on pro-tapers on a bike that is supposed to have clip-ons. 1st you can figure some way of attaching dirt bike style pro-taper bar mounts to your stock tripple - either bolt them on or weld them on. 2nd you can buy an aftermarket tripple that already has this done (if anyone makes one - pro-tapers are 1 1/8" diamater at the clamps).

good luck

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol

Thanks Steve this is however a what if question. I was thinking about buying the

top yoke (p-coat black) w/ ProTaper bars. This is from a 97 TLS. I'm not eactly sure what this even looks like.

I plan to install the GSXR 04/05 triple and forks. I was wondering if the Top Triple clamp would fit with the rest of my future setup.

I will remove the top clamp from the 04/05 fork setup. Then once it's all bolted up and working I'll re-visit the suspension thingy.

Does that make any sense?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
If it's from a 97 TLS then you'll have to get some shims for the bottom triple if you're going with the GSXR forks because of the difference in diameter. You wont be able to use the GSXR lower because it has a different fork spacing compared to the TLS.

Then set your sag :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep makes sense now:)

I don't think a TLS upper tripple clamp will work with the newer forks and newer lower clamp (the fork legs aren't the same distance apart I belive - diamater may also be different).

That said, I might be intersted if you decide to pass on it:devious

Edit: :doh steve beat me too it, at least we both said the same thing:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Super mod cape doesn't let him fly that fast :laugh Yay I beat someone.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Josh and SteveO

:cheers

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Super mod cape doesn't let him fly that fast :laugh Yay I beat someone.
mmm, perhaps its time to mod the cap:devious

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the gold forks of the GSXR600/750 but you do have a point as others have pointed out as well.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
No reason you couldn't drill the GSXR tripple for dirt bike clamps that I know of. I still don't like the idea of going to shorter forks though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts