TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home the new supermoto....new '07 Aprilia SXV 550. Due to the issues that some of the '07s had, the dealer installed a new '08 motor under warranty. Got a smoking deal since it's been on the showroom floor for a while and they were hungry to move it. Can't wait to tear it down and start modding.

:)

:thumbup

-Sk

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
wow... nice machine... looks like a lot of fun! i'm jealous! :thumbup

·
Registered
671 Posts
now that i'm back on motors at work, that would make a great police bike for the city.....hmmmmmmm

lovely piece man!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
now that i'm back on motors at work, that would make a great police bike for the city.....hmmmmmmm
They would make a good city cop bike wouldn't they?
Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!!

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
now I hate you a little :rant

sweet machine you got there :hail :roost

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
You know I am in the market for a new bike, I sure would like a ride/maintenance update when you get it sir. Nice scooter! :thumbup

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey nice one speedking
Ive got a mid 06 sxv550 its a beast AND IVE HAD NO PROBS WITH IT AT ALL

I'll post some pics up soon

ps check out the forum run by AF1

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice bike SK...thot I read awhile ago they weren't going to import that bike......nice way to be wrong....v-twin right?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Very nice mate but sort that front muddie out its looooooong!!!

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Hey SK,

So how do you like the SXV?
Had any problems?

Yes i now it's an old thread, but i am thinking of getting a motard as a 2nd bike.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I got a Husky SM 610 since then, not a bad choice if you want a touch more reliability and lots of fun.

P.S. It's Italian as well.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey SK,

So how do you like the SXV?
Had any problems?

Yes i now it's an old thread, but i am thinking of getting a motard as a 2nd bike.
Plans changed for me and I sold it after only getting to ride it a couple hundred miles. It was lots of fun but obviously didn't have it long enough to speak at all about it's reliability. The fuel tank was ridiculously small. I would have upgraded the tank to the larger Aprilia tank if I'd have kept it.

--Sk

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Doug whats the website for some info/specs on the sm610. And why if it's a single is the exhaust dueled off at the front?:confused

I got a Husky SM 610 since then, not a bad choice if you want a touch more reliability and lots of fun.

P.S. It's Italian as well.
I read on a aprilia forum that was one of the complaints along with the orange sealed motors of 06 & 07. But i also read they are a absolute blast to ride if you get the bugs worked out.
Plans changed for me and I sold it after only getting to ride it a couple hundred miles. It was lots of fun but obviously didn't have it long enough to speak at all about it's reliability. The fuel tank was ridiculously small. I would have upgraded the tank to the larger Aprilia tank if I'd have kept it.

--Sk

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Google Husqvarna. The 2010 model is all new, the SM630.

If you are patient, you can find used ones for a decent price. I paid around $8000.00 for mine new a year ago. Mine is an 08. There are deals to be had if you look around. The 07 and earlier models are carb equipped. 08 and later are fuel injected. 09 and 08 are the same.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The Husqvarna 570/610 motors have two exhaust valves and two exhaust ports. Unlike the TL both ports remain independent then have their own pipes that then join up later. This is not uncommon on single cylinder motors - most honda XR's since the early 80's have been built this way:)

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
The Husqvarna 570/610 motors have two exhaust valves and two exhaust ports. Unlike the TL both ports remain independent then have their own pipes that then join up later. This is not uncommon on single cylinder motors - most honda XR's since the early 80's have been built this way:)
Ok was wondering about that:thumbup

The only honda i had was a CR125 from 89:eek

Wow i am getting up there in age:laugh

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
The DR-Z400SM goes well, but there is no replacement for the bigger motors. If you want a track only bike the KTM was a sweet ride :coocoo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts