TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my TL was stolen this summer ( :banghead ). Then finally got the money from insurance... Let's start a new project :devious

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
:drool awsone bike... just need some mods Artkore style .... you know what I mean:devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Damn, that's a Duke, not a Duck! :lol

Nice bike, we expect a full report as many of us are eagerly awaiting that bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's really a Duck, it's a friend of mine who called it like this

This bike is awesome, my TLS had approx the same specs ( 120hp, 200kg wet and fatbars ) but it seems the KTM is 50kg lighter !!!
It's a supermoto with 120hp engine, a real weapon in the twisties ! The connexion between throttle and back wheel is awesome ! It's a huge pleasure to got out of corners with some "Waaaaackkks" ! I love it !

The mods will be principaly on the look. The front first and then maybe the exhaust... :devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yea, when I first saw the thread title and the author I thought you were giving the artkore treatment to a Ducati. Then I opened the thread and saw that you were cheating as most of the work's been done for you on that bike! :laugh

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
artkore said:
It's a supermoto with 120hp engine, a real weapon in the twisties !
Makes a lot of sense for you as it already has a lot of the look you'd changed your TL to have. I'm very interested in the Dukes (except for the price). As for being an SM, I wouldn't want to bring that one anywhere near off road...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right. I choose this bike first because I wanted a twin and also because the chassis' work is already done ( and well done ! ).

I only have to concentrate on the look now :devious

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
So U never got the tillis back then man that was a sweet ride :hail

Wouldent mind having one of thoose "ducks" :thumbup

·
Registered
134 Posts
ughhhhhhhhhhh

artkore said:
Somewhere in South of France :)

First mods planned soon :devious
damnit mann, i just cleaned my drawers....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
looking good buddy.... can't wait to see what you'll do with her!!!

G

·
yeah :devious

that's a cool bike man! can't wait to see what you are going to do to her! :)

pity about your TL, but you got insurance, so at least that is good :thumbup

G

·
artkore said:
This bike is awesome, my TLS had approx the same specs ( 120hp, 200kg wet and fatbars ) but it seems the KTM is 50kg lighter !!!
It's a supermoto with 120hp engine, a real weapon in the twisties ! The connexion between throttle and back wheel is awesome ! It's a huge pleasure to got out of corners with some "Waaaaackkks" ! I love it !

The mods will be principaly on the look. The front first and then maybe the exhaust... :devious
I test sat a 950 SMR and a Duke 990 last week. I though I was going to get a 950SMR, but, that bike felt like haveing a I4 between the legs?? :O
The 990 was SO MUCH better just sitting on, and then riding I can only imagine it beeing a ton better as well. :)
More cc, 20 extra Hp, and evein if I think the bike is a bit heavier thatn the 950SMR, it felt a lot lighter!

I want one! Only drawback is the insane insurance on the KTM 990 :(
the 950 is cheap, and those extra 20 hp really sky rocket the insurance :thumbdown

1 - 17 of 17 Posts