TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had a great time...the cement does stick. we had a red flag or two in just about every session, the ass hat pittied next to me who kept stuffing people on the inside didin't help that either. But all in all a good day, definitely worked on my passing which was needed since i'm not that agressive of a passer. Dunno how fast I was running, a lap timer is on the to buy list, but i was hanging with a guy who said he was doing 1:28 1:27's :O prolly on the slower end of that figure. Didn't see any TL's out :banghead

that's the end of the season for me out here in the US, anyone game for doing a trackday this time next year? lol

-:banana

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
crashtd said:
had a great time...the cement does stick. we had a red flag or two in just about every session, the ass hat pittied next to me who kept stuffing people on the inside didin't help that either.
I love those guys too! Especially when they do it to an instructor & almost take the guy out in the process & then swear on their mom's grave it wasn't them. "Wrong guy." Yeah right. We use large numbers for tech inspection & rider ID purposes to pull those guys off the track if they are riding like idiots. I truly enjoy pulling tech stickers off a-holes bikes that do that stuff & think that we are stupid enough/inexperienced enough not to be able to ID idiots on a racetrack. Usually I have the instructor hang out on the pregrid to talk to the rider when we pull them off the track with a meatball flag at assorted corner worker stations around the track.

How about a track day we had last November? It was a very cool day for So. Cali & I coached all the riders before I released groups on being careful with cold tires, especially on the first turn after the pit out. It's a hard left turn taken at slow speed that is in the shade that time of year. In the "racer" or advanced group we had 3 crashes on the out lap in that turn. Two of those three crashes resulted in red flags so I re-grided the riders when they came off the track & headed down the hot pit lane. I once again coached the riders that the tire warmers they were using would not allow them to pull the plug on their out lap & to take it EASY on that first turn. Then I released the riders in groups of 3. The third group of three riders I let out had a rider that threw it down in that turn on his out lap! Had to regrid the riders & basically just threw my arms up in the air while saying "anyone hear a story about cold tires?"

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
The lap times are very respectable for your first time being there. :thumbup

Next time you can make it out to Summit I'll make sure I get there too (even if it's with NESBA).

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BurnCycle said:
The lap times are very respectable for your first time being there. :thumbup

Next time you can make it out to Summit I'll make sure I get there too (even if it's with NESBA).
Bern that would be great, I made a few friends around the pits, but its really more fun when someone you know is there. :thumbup

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i forgot my camera on the trackday but it looks like race day photo got some decent shots of me, nothing worth the $60 though :scared

how's this form look? I've really been trying to get head position correct, some of the photos i see myself keep my head behind the screen instead of getting out to the side like this.

pretty sure that's me going through the start of the carousel. that was by far my best section, but i was really hit or miss on my entry speed...this was more of a miss on that regard, but I think i got the form down. This was also my best passing zone, since most people that were riding that day didn't seem to enter nearly as fast (there and turn 3-4, which I thought was odd). :O

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm in if you all can handle a kawi at a tl track day!!

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
mmm... A TPM Premier day so we can all sign up for the GPMoto races and see who is the fastest TL.

Sorry Lance, you no qualify. :laugh

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't make me bring my TL out there. :laugh

I plan on it at some point but I love that thing too much to abuse it like that.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
That's actually where the Premier days GP Moto's would be perfect for a TLZ track day. A number of you guys have moved to the 600 class and it would be cool to see a (unofficial) TLZ race between the movers (those on the 600s) and the shakers (the TL).

For those that aren't familiar with TPM's GP Moto race classification it matches 600cc bikes (up to 640cc) with unlimited displacement twins. Only a few twins actually race in this class and I think I was the only TLR to run during a Premier Day this year!

Those like Jensen and Lance would have to run in the unlimited class... I ain't touching that class with a 10ft pole. Lance being one reason... I see no reason to be lapped in a race. :laugh

·
Registered
291 Posts
You guys are ridiculous. There would be no lapping going on by me.

It will be fun to watch you guys battle out there though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts