TLZone Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only mod I have is the Yoshi. After reading about Airbox mods and TRE's today, I still stand confused. Looking to add some power to my TLR. I'm already getting a PC. From what I'm reading some people say a TRE mod does nothing and other say it does wonders.

One blog I read the guy said that if you have the Exhaust, Airbox and PC, there's no need for the TRE. Is there any truth to this. What are the best Mods. If I do the Airbox and go ahead and add the PC. Is there really need for the TRE?

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
The TRE allows the ECU to run full ignition advance to the engine in all gears rather than restricting the power in lower gears via ignition advance

if you never got under it you'd never notice but if you are looking for more performance in lower gears and obviously lower speed performance then you have to do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if i do the airbox and pc then later on do the TRE, I should still see more improvement on the low end?

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Do the tre and airbox then the pc. the pc really needs to be dyno'ed for max benefit so get your mods in first.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yeah, PC last so that you get the full benefit of having it tuned for what mods you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts