TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello gents,

ive got a harley rental for two birthdays ago i need to cash in.
its for a day in so cal and i can rent any harley except the drag bike.
ive rented a fat boy and a road king for a day each in hawaii.
that was fun. ive ridden a deuce, and electraglide and some sportsters.

me wife want to ride on the back so i think a sportster is out. vrod may be fun but im not sure about the passenger accommodations are on that either.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:hail

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Does it work for Buell's? The Uly looks like lots of fun and is supposed to be really good for two-up riding:thumbup

Otherwise I haven't got a clue but enjoy:banana

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Get the big bagger if you are taking the wife. She will have back and arm rests and both of you will be comfy. Then point it north toward Big Sur. Pay for an extra day of rental, it will be worth it :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
sell the rental to some old dude, and go do something fun with the money!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like another road king rental.

:rolleyes

actually i quite like the mass and throbbing of the road king
:)

foghat. im guessing your never spent any time on a cruiser.
while they may be boring from a wheelie perspective, they absorb miles like a sponge and you can find YerSelf very far from home with pretty much minimal effort. :banana

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
N2wheelies said:
foght. im guessing your never spent any time on a cruiser.
sure I have I just dislike Harleys. I dislike harleys more than most people dislike gays.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
v rod would be cool, not sure about the rear pillon though........ can you rent any of the new 07's? 6 speed gear box and 96 cb. inch...

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
my pop has a Ultra Classic (full on touring bike) and it's the tits for cruising. when i had my old Katana, we switched for about 50 miles and it was just rediculous how comfy and easy to ride it was. the 900 lbs will scare you in tight situations, but on the road there's nothing like. you can ride with your viser open at 90 and get no wind from the big ass windshield/front fairing. plus, you can blast some tunes, or even throw in a CD and listen to the 4 speaker stereo! and you can ride all damn day on it and nothing gets tired. my pop did a trip to Seatle and back in one weekend, and he said it was more comfy than his Lexus was!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys. no ultra classic so i ended up with a heritage.

:thumbup

thanks again for the suggestions

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
nice! A Heritage Classic was my pop's second choice, but he wanted ultimate comfort for two, even tho my mom never rides much.

you'll have fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts