TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately since Photobucket decided to charge money for linking photo's to forums etc it has destroyed the hundreds of my threads I posted photo's on to help people and my many sticky posts.

As I'm an admin I can re upload my important photo's and then go into all my threads over time and change the photo links to another photo hosting site.

I cancelled my own website hosting as hardly used it anymore, that would of been a reliable place to upload my photo's to, but never mind.

Any thoughts on good hosting sites that are free and reliable ?

I just tried to upload and post a photo on here to help somebody but even a 600k size photo was too big and couldn't be uploaded to the TLZ Forum server, certainly something to look into !

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
I've used links into the google cloud storage but its a bit clunky. The shareable links often don't display the file extension (.jpg etc) so the forum software tends to spit them back as not being images.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
I've started using imgbb.com

·
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
15,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions, if there isn't a free/cheep and reliable equivalent of photobucket with at least 1Gb of storage then I'll have to buy my own domain again just for uploading photo's to :(

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,061 Posts
.... if there isn't a free/cheep and reliable equivalent of photobucket with at least 1Gb of storage then I'll have to buy my own domain again .....
But there is.

After Pashnit suggested it on TLPlanet, I switched over to Flickr (driven by Yahoo), and I haven't looked back. They advertise 1TB of free photo storage, so you can't go wrong there. Of course, it will take me a long time to approach that level (and they know that), so I should be good for awhile. For now, the price is right and they have much better tools than Photobucket ever did - without all of the annoying pop-up ads! The uploads are faster and it is much easier to navigate.

Check it out Sam! I think you will like Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/

A sample of a posted image format.....:)

The trailing text info after the image is a link back to my album (I think). It is required by Flickr to leave it intact when using their 3rd party hosting options. It is a small price to pay IMO.

20170731_060028 by Tony Six5, on Flickr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts