TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Mod section but it never showed up! So, anyway, many of you said how much you liked the RS250 tailsection, so, I'm posting the what whomsoever designed/re-designed the subframe to accomdate the tailsection. I don't know what the original subframe looks like, but maybe a simple modification!
dene'

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
well that's pretty simple :thumbup

how sturdy is it?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
thanx! =)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, very sturdy! no wigggle no wobble.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh crap, I think it's the TLR seat! I need a photo of the TLR seat or I'll remove mine later and take a photo and post it. It still hooks into the frame and bolts to the existing holes, so it must be the TLR seat.

·
Registered
782 Posts
it looks like it the back of the subframe was just cut off and a little support was mounted, this is really great cause that is the kind of tail i wanted to mold for my tlr. image for reference.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, by the looks of your photo, I guess you just take a sawzall and cut that rear part off, and the lower too. If you should decide to accept this mission and you need some measurements for that triangular piece, write me or call me if you need additional info.
dnee'
[email protected]
832-607-9116

·
Registered
782 Posts
could you post the measurements please? thanks denee for the info it saves me a bit of time although i will partake in the fairing fab anyway :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The triagular shaped piece with the holes in it, from it's base to the top of the pyrimid where a clipnut is, is 3.75". This would probably be the most troublesome part of the braket to acertain fixation for the tailsection.
I wrote Micah at AF1 racing and he says the RS50 and RS250 tailsections(race) are basically the same. I think he stocks these but he didn't say he did and I couldn't find them on their shopping site. www.Apriliaforum.com, or best just to call Micah @ 877-626-3966.
There are some smaller brackets further down of the subframe as you can see in the photos. One of mine had lost its screws into the frame and I pop riveted it back on, and luckily the other still had the screws! The tail section is a tight fit and at least one of those brackets had to come off to get the faring on!
again, write me or call with any other questions or other photos.
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts