TLZone Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have you done the TBs and TPS according to YouTube video
The idle adjuster cable is available at ebay, don't know if there are any Swedish sellers.. check with a Suzuki dealer, they should know..
The reservoir is located behind the right hand side fairing. You see it if you look from the left side, between the front wheel and the radiator..

edit: P/N for the adjuster cable assy: 13270-02F00 (y)

Reactions: 1000SMartin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have you done the TBs and TPS according to YouTube video
The idle adjuster cable is available at ebay, don't know if there are any Swedish sellers.. check with a Suzuki dealer, they should know..
The reservoir is located behind the right hand side fairing. You see it if you look from the left side, between the front wheel and the radiator..

edit: P/N for the adjuster cable assy: 13270-02F00 (y)
Brilliant thanks!
Having done both TPS/TBS checking and sync and the rest of it,
is there a fault code indicating the injectors being dirty or not doing
their job? I´m beginning to suspect them or one of them, both the stuttering,
now also cutting out at idle and I know the bike has stood not running for
years as well.

Guess it won´t hurt to Clean them anyway...

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Getting new NGKs today - will report back on the stuttering when I´ve had my injectors serviced and cleaned at BJP Racing/Malmö. Also I found an idle adjuster assy for 200 SEK at at a bike breaker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Getting new NGKs today - will report back on the stuttering when I´ve had my injectors serviced and cleaned at BJP Racing/Malmö. Also I found an idle adjuster assy for 200 SEK at at a bike breaker.
Ok. Don´t know why I didn´t check the plugs first, guess I´m gullible. "Bike´s just been serviced".
Well clearly not with plugs checked. But with new NGKs with dual electrodes the stuttering is gone,
and the throttle response is amazing. I found new Nippon Denso injectors for 450 SEK (45 USD) in the UK and will change to them anyway but I don´t think the ones I´ve got are bad. Check the plugs. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Great! Good to hear that you solved the stutter!
GI have just experienced a similar thing.. PO said he bought a new battery, so far it's true. What he failed to mention was the fact that he installed a battery from Biltema (crap discount auto part-shop) that has far less CCA that the 180 recommended.. new battery needed when spring comes..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Great! Good to hear that you solved the stutter!
GI have just experienced a similar thing.. PO said he bought a new battery, so far it's true. What he failed to mention was the fact that he installed a battery from Biltema (crap discount auto part-shop) that has far less CCA that the 180 recommended.. new battery needed when spring comes..
Thanks, and it was a relief. Will be interesting to see what the two resistor plug (NGK 4548 CR9EK) does to fouling or not. I do some paddling thru Stockholm and of course this is not an inner city commuter.
Oh yes our beloved "Cartheme"! :) One friend calls them Bil-Buttericks. I actually buy a lot of stuff there, but if I want a reliable quality battery, no. Sometimes they´re ok and up to specs and sometimes they
die quickly. Have you looked at what to replace it with yet?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks, and it was a relief. Will be interesting to see what the two resistor plug (NGK 4548 CR9EK) does to fouling or not. I do some paddling thru Stockholm and of course this is not an inner city commuter.
Oh yes our beloved "Cartheme"! :) One friend calls them Bil-Buttericks. I actually buy a lot of stuff there, but if I want a reliable quality battery, no. Sometimes they´re ok and up to specs and sometimes they
die quickly. Have you looked at what to replace it with yet?
I'm checking with xlmoto, they have a gel battery on sale right now, but I don't know the CCA.. so I waiting for a reply. It's a Snell YTX14-BS...
I may do the gap mod this winter, so I need a battery that can be layed down on its side..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm checking with xlmoto, they have a gel battery on sale right now, but I don't know the CCA.. so I waiting for a reply. It's a Snell YTX14-BS...
I may do the gap mod this winter, so I need a battery that can be layed down on its side..
Looks like a good one. Mine is a Nitro YTX12-BS that seems fine so far, we´ll see when the cold sets in... Also a gel and they mostly seem to stand the autumn cold well.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts