TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i wouldn't say new to the forums since i come here often and read the posts but first account. I need a head scratching buddy, if that makes since. I currently own a 2000 Suzuki Tl1000r Y that for the life of me i cant get to start. I bought it back in october of 2020 only had it for about 3 months. I got it for a steal ($600) all it needed was a battery. Rode for only a month and the gent i bought the bike from never gave me a battery cover x.x i didnt know it was missing under the fairing and the battery fell out shutting the bike off. I fixed all the damage (wiring) , bought a new battery and the bike wouldnt start. Have the manual for the bike so i started testing and ohming sensors everything checks out 170ohms for the crank (previous owner had a new one installed before bike was bought for he couldnt get it to start, but all it needed was a battery the first time) i do not however have 4.0vs or above at the crank sensor. Cam checked out even 0.8v and ohms. I have spark but no fuel injection. Ive tested all grounds engine and ecu have 12volts on key on to injectors while pump primes, off/ground once fuel pump turns off. (10s or so) Im Stumped and in need of alittle help. Am a mechanic with years of experience on cars and diesels but not with bikes lol

Oh and the 2 codes i get is C21 for the air box is off, and i believe c22 atmospheric pressure switch but they shouldnt keep the injectors from firing?? Right?

·
Moderator,
8,250 Posts
Since the battery fell out and from what you said wiring damage resulted, I'd check to see if the main fuse is blown.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Main fuse 30amp on starter relay is fine, bike has power. Remote fuse box in nose cal, also no blown fuses. I can turn the bike on, dash, headlights, tail lights, turn signals all work. Lcd displays chec until killswitch is on. I can even pull codes!! Turns over by start switch on handle bars, but no injectors pulsing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I should add in that after the battery fell out and was reconnected, the bike did run i was on the way to oreillys to get a new battery on the bike,( old battery had a hole in the bottom from hitting the ground at 90mph) and it cut off. Acted like battery was dead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello everyone, i wouldn't say new to the forums since i come here often and read the posts but first account. I need a head scratching buddy, if that makes since. I currently own a 2000 Suzuki Tl1000r Y that for the life of me i cant get to start. I bought it back in october of 2020 only had it for about 3 months. I got it for a steal ($600) all it needed was a battery. Rode for only a month and the gent i bought the bike from never gave me a battery cover x.x i didnt know it was missing under the fairing and the battery fell out shutting the bike off. I fixed all the damage (wiring) , bought a new battery and the bike wouldnt start. Have the manual for the bike so i started testing and ohming sensors everything checks out 170ohms for the crank (previous owner had a new one installed before bike was bought for he couldnt get it to start, but all it needed was a battery the first time) i do not however have 4.0vs or above at the crank sensor. Cam checked out even 0.8v and ohms. I have spark but no fuel injection. Ive tested all grounds engine and ecu have 12volts on key on to injectors while pump primes, off/ground once fuel pump turns off. (10s or so) Im Stumped and in need of alittle help. Am a mechanic with years of experience on cars and diesels but not with bikes lol

Oh and the 2 codes i get is C21 for the air box is off, and i believe c22 atmospheric pressure switch but they shouldnt keep the injectors from

How about the voltage regulator/re
Guess I should add in that after the battery fell out and was reconnected, the bike did run i was on the way to oreillys to get a new battery on the bike,( old battery had a hole in the bottom from hitting the ground at 90mph) and it cut off. Acted like battery was dead.
Is the feul pump priming? If not bypass the feul pump relay and the give'r hell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reconnect your two sensors form the airbox and give that a try. You might be surprised by what they affect. Once connected do you get any other codes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it out finally, 3-4months later with limited time but She's Alive!! Found out i had a pin hole in the tank between the pump and filter allowing to bleed the pressure off to the injectors.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
How did the battery fall out in the first place. There's 2 Fugging thick cables bolted to it isn't there. Did it rip these off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts