1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Interesting, but err, it looks to be missing the transmission that would probably be sorta handy in a bike chassis and when you get to gearboxless two strokes, there's not really a need to bolt together a bunch of CR500 top ends (and for that matter, KX500 top ends would have been a better choice - more power, lighter plated cyl and less problems with cracked skirts) - a mildly modified GP1300 ski motor will make 200hp and probably weighs less. It looks darn cool though:drool

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:drool

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yeah, I actually saw something in the news about that guy and his flying device I think. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Har har damn Kiwi's ... what can I say, winters are long and cold and the women are ugly - a man needs his sheep I mean shed.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Now that looks like quite a machine! I wish there was a more detailed writeup on how they built the motor. Looks like they've borrowed the top end off something and fabricated their own lower end (which I'd guess uses a production gearbox set:O)

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
The drain pipe exhaust system on the CR500 bodge up looks like it was purchased at Lowes :lol

Oh well. I guess 4 CR500 cylinders won't be denied :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just think, a 6-speed ski:laugh

but a gp1300 motor is about there already. 150hp stock and I'm told ~200hp with basic mods (pipes and mild porting).

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I was talkin about the 2000cc v-4 :drool

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Ben got his pipe in...straight from Japan :drool

this is the plan for this summer :devious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
gotchya:thumbup

Or take two GP1300 motors and weld them together to have a 400hp+ V6:devious

That pipe is pretty:drool

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
mmm nice engine

any more pics of the throttle body side of it
im interested in it because of a project ive got on the back burner where im using a reverse cylinder tzr250 engine and stummbled on the clearence with the front tyre decided on going down the route very similar to the inlet route of this that engine but wasnt convinced of the 90 degree bend so close to the inlet
so i bought a tls as a winter hack as i pondered tha feasability of it
and i then got a bit carried away playing with the tl :blush as you do

so since i saw that ski motor my minds made up, it is possible:coocoo

my current project

1 - 18 of 18 Posts