TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might enjoy a few pics from my weekend away at the Greymouth st races...its a little town of about 15000 on the west coast of the south island of new zealand...left on saturday and rode in rain like you wouldnt believe...it was shocking..sunday was race day and thankfully the weather came good..the racing was awsome...my brother matt took his brand new aprilla motard over and got a 1st 2nd and 3rd in the 3 races he entered...all good,great ride home today...with the sun beaming down on us the whole way..awsome.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Good action Mike - nice pics :hail

On a side note - hope the missus is doin ok :)

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Great pic's Mike ,god I miss that shit .I used to go to the Onekawa races whenever I could and also got to watch Robert Holden at Paeroa just before he cashed out at the I.O.M . Brings back some memories .R.I.P Rob Holden .

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
tl1kr said:
love the kiwi street races :thumbup
thanks for the memories Mike :)
:stupid

Cheers for those Mike. :)

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
Great photos, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
945 Posts
That's awesome! :hail Great pics and thanks for sharing them.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Awesome pics, good on ya Mike! I see they finished the Aquaduct road bridge thing ... the old road still there? That was a good ride :D

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Great pics mike :hail

A right mixed bag lining up at the line eh :dowhat not everday you see a ZX10, R1, motard, and a Buell lining up together along with what looks to be proper streetbikes :confused

And that "older" gentleman pushing in had been racing with a Metzler ME33 Lazer front tyre from the 80's :scared

Looks like some brilliant riding country there though :devious

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Great pics mike
Street racer's :hail

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...thanks for sharing:thumbup

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome pics, good on ya Mike! I see they finished the Aquaduct road bridge thing ... the old road still there? That was a good ride :D
no the old road is gone mate...literally slipped away...on a sad but stupid note...not long after the viaduct thing was finished some idiot stopped his car in the middle of it and got out for a leak...he jumped over the railing and ahhh.......was no more....:coocoo

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pics mike :hail

A right mixed bag lining up at the line eh :dowhat not everday you see a ZX10, R1, motard, and a Buell lining up together along with what looks to be proper streetbikes :confused

And that "older" gentleman pushing in had been racing with a Metzler ME33 Lazer front tyre from the 80's :scared

Looks like some brilliant riding country there though :devious
the older bloke had just rode his last race...been racing for 60 years...amazing eh...his doctor told him he had to give it up...sad really...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Great pic's Mike ,god I miss that shit .I used to go to the Onekawa races whenever I could and also got to watch Robert Holden at Paeroa just before he cashed out at the I.O.M . Brings back some memories .R.I.P Rob Holden .
Onekawa races were the best. i were there every event they held. Used to be a one armed dude racing on a motocrosser (RM250) with road tyres back in the 80's and DAMN he was quick :hail :hail

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Onekawa races were the best. i were there every event they held. Used to be a one armed dude racing on a motocrosser (RM250) with road tyres back in the 80's and DAMN he was quick :hail :hail
there was a guy with one arm at greymouth on a KTM tard...yea he was quick...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but ,I think the one armed guy your talking about was Nigel Curtis .He lost the use of his arm in a bike accident ,But get this ,he also used to ride in enduroes :eek:mg ! (anyone for an arm wrestle )????

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but ,I think the one armed guy your talking about was Nigel Curtis .He lost the use of his arm in a bike accident ,But get this ,he also used to ride in enduroes :eek:mg ! (anyone for an arm wrestle )????
Yep, thats the dude. Nigel Curtis. I heard he lost use of his arm when he was going over a jump and someone was going over the same jump from the other side at Taradale river ?
Gotta get back home for a holiday. Hawkes Bay is the best :D well maybe after Taupo :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts