TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mate called me earlier for some advise, he has a chance of a TLS mint 2000 plate with 6,000 miles on. He is tempted to buy to move it on but wondered what folk would be willing to pay for it.
So what do you reckon, he said it was totally mint, best one he has ever seen, but completely standard.
Uk bike, Red(not candy red though)

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
i don't think they are worth any more as a mint low mile-er than a modded one with slightly higher miles. your bike proves that:yes

might be worth £2500-2800 to the right person

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
there is a bike shop near me selling one for 1600 quid no mot the ecu needs looking at/replacing and needs a new fork seal

i think its a 01 plate

not bad really

its red aswell best colour

stu

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
I looked on bike trader and saw:

a 2000 Tillis with under 7,000miles going for £2400 (private sale)

a 2000 Tiller with 9,200miles going for £2800 (private sale)

Dunno if this is useful:dunno

Well I was having a quick look on biketrader and got distracted by this:

1998 R Reg SUZUKI TL 1000S 996cc
9,000 miles. the ultimate strreetfighter, the famous mark barrnet chequered flag TL thou as featured in many quality bike mag's, shows and website's world wide, OVER £30,000 and endless amounts of buid time invested in this bike, creating what we believe to be possibly one of the very best TL fighter's in the world, far to many top qualtiy bits and extreme mod's to list, hence please ring for details of this very serious machine, GENUINE ENQUIRES ONLY PLEASE, at only £14,995 may p/x. :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:) Johnny you do have a wide and varied circle of friends :O

Strange phone call :dowhat Strange friends :O :laugh :)

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
bikerchris said:

9,000 miles. the ultimate strreetfighter, the famous mark barrnet chequered flag TL thou as featured in many quality bike mag's, shows and website's world wide, OVER £30,000 and endless amounts of buid time invested in this bike, creating what we believe to be possibly one of the very best TL fighter's in the world, far to many top qualtiy bits and extreme mod's to list, hence please ring for details of this very serious machine, GENUINE ENQUIRES ONLY PLEASE, at only £14,995 may p/x. :laugh :laugh :laugh

...it was looking good execpt for the dymag 3 spokers (until I got to the asking price:scared)...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
i dont like it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is that because its an "R" and has a huge rear end
I've even heard you can get a full face helmet under the hump:laugh

At the end of the day its a lot of bike for not a lot of money but I still
prefer the look of the "S" Each to there own

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Spike said:
Is that because its an "R" and has a huge rear end
I've even heard you can get a full face helmet under the hump:laugh

At the end of the day its a lot of bike for not a lot of money but I still
prefer the look of the "S" Each to there own
One advantage of the R's hump a passanger can get inside if it srarts to rain:devious :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Spike said:
....but I still prefer the look of the "S"...
:stupid :eatcorn

·
Registered
684 Posts
9,000 miles. the ultimate strreetfighter, the famous mark barrnet chequered flag TL thou as featured in many quality bike mag's, shows and website's world wide, OVER £30,000 and endless amounts of buid time invested in this bike, creating what we believe to be possibly one of the very best TL fighter's in the world, far to many top qualtiy bits and extreme mod's to list, hence please ring for details of this very serious machine, GENUINE ENQUIRES ONLY PLEASE, at only £14,995
That paint job is NOT nice. And the seller has committed the cardinal sin of using superfluous apostrophes! Burn him!!! (or at least buy him a copy of eats, shoots & leaves)

Do you suppose if I misplaced a decimal point in an email offering to buy he'd notice? I'd pay £1,499.50. :O

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
MrsMiggins said:
...And the seller has committed the cardinal sin of using superfluous apostrophes! Burn him!!!

Do you suppose if I misplaced a decimal point in an email offering to buy he'd notice? I'd pay £1,499.50. :O
:lol :lol :lol :thumbup PMSL

:banana

·
Registered
79 Posts
My reply was to this thread
jagboy1 said:
i dont like it.
Who I asumed was replying to this thread
paul.haydock said:
But regarding this article
bikerchris said:

I saw it in Ashbourne (Nr Matlock Bath) once at it looked pretty good:banghead

1 - 16 of 16 Posts