TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for ride, ran well. Parked ~2 hrs, wouldn't turn over. Clicked as if dead batt; 4+ yrs old, so walked and got new one. Set it up, switch on ignition, nothing; no power, lights, pump, etc. Investigate further, find fuse cylinder hanging; 2 wires, 1 light blue, 1 orange/green. Both now severed from connectors. Culprit?

If not, any suggestions? Tip over's ok, clutch in, stand up, engine switch on, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Haha after a wonderful 1.5hrs sleep on a bench, finally got to some wifi and a wiring diagram. Apparently my mystery relay is the turn signals, if anyone ever needs to know. So there's still another cause for my impromptu adventure. Walking distance to a Lowes; nothing but time. Will pour through archives and learn more before I admit defeat and call a tow!

·
Registered
130 Posts
What about the large block connectors on the right hand side of the headlight they have been known to cause problems?

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,413 Posts
Usually burnt contacts in the 4 wire connector onto the starter solenoid, if it's a TLS also check the two main loom connectors next to the radiator expansion bottle/right fork leg

·
Registered
763 Posts
Had something similar to what you post, happen to me back in 08 when I was in Laguna Seca for the MotoGP, it turn out to be the black connector on the left side as you sit on the bike had a burnt connector. Hope you get back on the road soon. It was a TLR.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help! Ended up being a blown 30amp main fuse. Even fixed it myself; surely I'm the next John Britten. Taking note of all the suggestions for the future; I learn more every time the bike decides to show character!

·
Registered
763 Posts
The blown fuse is letting you know there is a problem somewhere, get the wiring schematic and start to clean the connectors and doing some of the electrical mod to help make the bike more reliable.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts