TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as it says what do you all think can he do any better next year on this bike or will he suffer the same fate as the last 3 riders bayless checa now seta to be dumped its a big chance for a rookie motogp rider to get a full factory ride like this i only hope he can do well
http://superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/tb/061019x.htm

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I would guess 2nd in line on a Ducati is better than 4th/5th/6th in line on a sattelite Honda :O

As you say, it's a big drop to fall from, only time will tell whether the decision is right :dowhat :)

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Give the lad a decent ride and see what he can do! :thumbup

:)

·
Registered
303 Posts
He is mad enough to ride it fast the rider he is replacing cry's to much. Remember also that they will be 800cc next year maybe he has done his homework and thought this was the best bike to be on next year. Maybe, I don't know

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
He has ALOT of talent and sorry to say this, but 1 thing that annoyed me about Stoner thru his career is, just about everytime he crashes or stuffs up he blames the bike (read mechanics) which really wont go down too well with the italians at ducati.

This year in motogp he has really matured alot tho and his comments after races have been alot more modest. I think he'll be able to atleast keep up with caparossi, however who knows what the ducati will be like against the other bikes.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
tls-moose said:
I would guess 2nd in line on a Ducati is better than 4th/5th/6th in line on a sattelite Honda :O
:stupid

Also the ducati 800 seems to be ahead so far in the tests - but i spose you never know how the Hondas are gunna be until the first race>>>

·
Registered
130 Posts
MR_Korrupt said:
He has ALOT of talent and sorry to say this, but 1 thing that annoyed me about Stoner thru his career is, just about everytime he crashes or stuffs up he blames the bike (read mechanics) which really wont go down too well with the italians at ducati.

This year in motogp he has really matured alot tho and his comments after races have been alot more modest. I think he'll be able to atleast keep up with caparossi, however who knows what the ducati will be like against the other bikes.
:O Pretty much every interview I've heard from him, he blames himself, ie, "The team did everything right today, I just couldn't deliver..."

·
Registered
271 Posts
congrats must go to Stoner for scoring a factory ride :thumbup
obviously impressing the right people

maybe we can see Vermuelen pickup Pedrosa's factory ride after his efforts in the last race :laugh

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I like Stoner, but he doesn't calm down a tad, Ducati will have to invest in lots of bodywork. Stoner does tend to crash a lot. I realize he is a rookie and trying really hard, but maybe that's the issue with him. Regardless, I wish him luck. Ironic that he took out Gibernau in Portugal and now he is in his old seat.
Ken

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Good news for Stoner. He's grown up a bit this year I think and hopefully this'll be a step in the right direction. Good on Ducati too for taking a youngster on and not selling the seat to the highest bidder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts