TLZone Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1474 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I applaude your efforts and hope you succeed, I might even take advantage of your services to re-program an ECU but atm I can manage all of the issues with a PC fitted, maybe not as well as re-programming but I can do it here, when I want to, how I want to and if I don't like it I can change it again. But this is my opinion, others will have their's.
Ted,

That is the beauty of the map select feature that is already utilized but unused. It is a simple grounding of one pin on the ECU. Turn bike off, flip switch, bingo. You could keep one map completely stock and do nothing at all to it. Then B could be tuned + TRE + rev limiter delete. Run them against each other (with the PC disabled on B) and see what you think.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Get a big bag Aaron... but this is going to get real interesting, real fast...

We KNOW it can be done and Mr. Hollywood actually cares about disseminating helpful information rather than trying to profit from it. And let's not kid ourselves, this is ancient technology and isn't applicable to anything built in the last 10+ years...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Map switching is a cool feature and ignition timing adjustment sure is too! And it's a cleaner, lighter setup too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
TL100R 16bit ECU OBD flash tool...

Hi guys,

I just posted a BETA version of the TLR flash tool that will allow you to read your 02FD0 (and probably 02FA0) ECU without having to "notch" it. You'll need to build a simple OBD interface (for about $15) and get a VAG-COM OBD cable (for another $15) in order to use the software. Instructions are included and you can find a copy of the software here:

https://sites.google.com/site/mrhollywoodk3/home/other-16bit-ecus/tl1000r-16bit-ecu
(Start the download by clicking the arrow on the left)

And here's a peek at the GUI:

Once you've extracted the ROM binary (bin) file from your ECU, you can use RomRaider (along with the posted 02FD0.xml def file) to see the options that can be modified with a reflash.

Reflash functionality still needs to be developed for the flash tool, and I expect that to take a couple of weeks. A lot of time is required to code, debug and test the software/hardware, so despite rxf610's kind words, the flash/erase module will not be provided for free. But it will be cheaper than any other available reflash method...

In the meantime, I've provided the tools to ramp up and faliliarize yourself with the process as well as the possibilities, at a minimal cost. Whether you decide pursue reflashing your own ECU after that is up to you...

Cheers!!! :cheers

[email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
TL100R 16bit ECU OBD flash tool...

Hi guys,

Just uploaded the fully tested version 4.1 along with updated instructions (to the same link as above). The demo version now includes options to read the BE Flash and Registers as well as the Flash ROMS...

Enjoy!!! .....:ytiller

·
Registered
18 Posts
TL1000R NV Ram (yoshbox) utility

Hi guys,

I also created a little utility that allows you to view or re-format the contents of the ECU's NV Ram (yoshbox settings). The utility uses the same OBD interface as the flash tool. Instructions are included and you can download using the same link as above...

:cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
You're welcome!!!

I also have instructions on making a "Map select" switch in the OBD (bootloader) section on my site. This would probably work on the TLR but someone would have to test it.
I'll be shipping my test ECU back to its rightful owner (thanks again Stocky!!!) later this week, so I'm pretty much done here...

You guys take care and if you need anything, drop me an email...

[email protected]

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thats nice.I think i'm going to build an interface!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you think we could add the powershifter (same stratergy as the stock GSXR ECU's use when they are the "Yoshi" version) ?

I haven't received all the parts to interface with my GSXR ecu yet..... I could send you the ECU if you'd like to play with it ?

I'm probably not going to use it again anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't see any reason why a quick shifter mod couldn't be implemented, but you'd need someone fairly knowledgeable to write the code (who has access to a TLR for testing)...
Please send me an email and let me know what model GSXR ecu you have...

[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a PCIII and had my tl1000r dinotuned by a local shop called mad moto... in my experience this is the best thing to do much more detailed remap then programming the stock ecu. The tune made a Hyde difference since I'm at 5,000 feet above sea level. Much smoother and much much faster. It's like a whole new bike.

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
1441 - 1460 of 1474 Posts