TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my S in for a Warrant Of Fitness (MOT) yesterday, only to be told it wasn't up to code because there was a strut missing from my swingarm, and I'm lucky he saw it or there could be a major handling issue:lol. I gave him the lowdown on the rotary damper and how it's probably quite a lot safer with coil-over-damper Bitubo. At first he insisted it needed to certified by an engineer, even though it has been on the bike and passing WOF's for 6 years.

In the end he let it through because I seemed to know what I was doing (all else fails use big words like stiction and cavitation etc:devious), but next time I should refit the OEM unit for inspection:dowhat Problem is I gave the old rotisory and SOAS away to a zoner years ago, but if the R damper unit will fit (or is it too big??) I might let all of the gas out and do that next time.

Or, I could clean up the wear-marks on the tabs and say it's a "platform sharing" issue, and they aren't used on this model:laugh.

I have to admit that one came out of left field...has anyone else struck this:O

·
Registered
55 Posts
Haven't had any problems here and had have mine around the same time ,where did you you take VTNZ ? .
I have a rotary door stop and soas hiding in the garage if needed,i'll find my wof is due next week .

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I'll let you know if it comes to that. It was VTNZ - but a new guy who has only just started doing bike warrants. They are normally really good, not having a vested interest in finding borderline faults and selling you stock off their shelves..

·
Moderator,
8,217 Posts
Just run a bolt through the empty holes and they'll not even notice it then. :yes

·
Registered
170 Posts
Amusing that some people aren't aware of the notorious TLS rotary damper and the certain devastation it will cause..just kidding but surely it's reputation is known by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts