The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Yes, just checked and same part number :devious

·
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Awesome.... coz I just picked one up from ebay... damn you sam now look what u done...lol... :p
The fun has only just started for you :laugh

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sam how did you go about strengthening the right side boss once you had cut most of it off... i'm looking at using the TL pivot shaft for the swinger if thats possible and using frame plugs to hide the ugly nut etc etc... did i mention that i picked up a ST sprint swingarm... also does the penske shock that you used have a serial number so I can get the right one..... I really appreiceate all your help here to sam.

·
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
I made a threaded spacer loctited in place. The TL spindle won't be long enough, the Triumph one is the same OD and has a much neater nut arrangement.

The Penske is a total one off, you could contact Gareth at Reactive Suspension ([email protected]) and see if he will duplicate it etc ?

The spring went from the initial 900lb to about 950lb I think after testing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh ok thanks for that sam... you dont know what the lenght was of the shock from bolt hole to bolt hole fully extended... I also email 'OL mate now but just incase he cant do one.... :|

·
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
It's all done in Alloy.

I'm not sure on the shock length, but it's adjustable and depends somewhat on your rideheight/exhaust/subframe setup.

I'm sure Gareth will build you a shock but it's wether you can afford it.

Don't be tempted to just look at the breakers for shocks the right length as most are designed for linkage setups and the internal damping is totally different not to mention the travel :devious

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sam once the sides of the swingarm have been milled... i take it that you bored the holes accordingly for the bearings to fit in so the seals are flush with the outside of the swinger??

·
15,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Sam once the sides of the swingarm have been milled... i take it that you bored the holes accordingly for the bearings to fit in so the seals are flush with the outside of the swinger??
I don't think I did, there is normally a gap behind each seal, the reducing in arm width just reduced the gap.

Try and get the chain side clearance a little bigger than 0.5mm, I had to take another 0.5mm off the arm on that side after the first few miles once everything settled down as the clearance closed up and started to bind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Sir, I can't thank you enough for reading my most desired thoughts of a thing you have already done. 20170218_142112.jpg 20170218_142101.jpg Just like Mr. Floyd, my mother put her fears into me, and twenty years of my life was wasted. Now that I'm right in the middle of it, I have resolved to live the rest of my time on Earth to the fullest. I traded seven Sky Viper drones and a bunch of drone parts for the 2001 TL1000S pictured. It had been raped of parts for years, so now the hunt begins. The wiring harness is the hardest thing to locate so far. Lever and fairings I can find all day, but I need a fuel pump too. Having read anything I can find on this bike naturally I came upon your post. GENIUS! I had the thought today while looking at my 1/18th scale die cast models (I know it's silly, but when you can't buy the real thing you can still dream, and these are only a couple of bucks each.) I love my bike, but I would be on cloud 9 if I could incorporate that onto mine. I am unique in the fact that I would be just as happy with anything fast and beautiful, I just happened to get this one, because I got lucky, and because I had been wanting this bike for the past three years as it sat in this guys truck. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. And thank you again for showing me what I already know is possible. Your friend accros the pond, Bryan Thompson.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 2002 gen1 hayabusa, whats the price for a welded clutch center. you can message me too if you like- 512-803-4387-joseph. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a gen 1 busa and needing a welded clutch center. price? you can message me if you like. 512-803-4387-joseph. thanks

281 - 296 of 296 Posts