TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a complete steering dampner assembly? I have seen some on eBay but going for steep prices. I'm not looking for NOS, I'm ok with used. Im trying to make everything clean and safe on my bike now. And I figure its better to have one and not use it, then need and not have it.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
And its a fackin "damper" :lol :lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
Big [email protected]*&ing deal if he call it a dampener (dampner) or damper you got the gist of what was being ask, we are not all English professor or spelling bee champion. We are here to help fellow rider out with problems they encounter so we can have more money to enjoy our sports and hobby.

·
Moderator,
8,230 Posts
Maybe, but if he really needs a dampener, a garden hose will suffice. :laugh

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Big [email protected]*&ing deal if he call it a dampener (dampner) or damper you got the gist of what was being ask, we are not all English professor or spelling bee champion. We are here to help fellow rider out with problems they encounter so we can have more money to enjoy our sports and hobby.
Wind your neck in, it was just a joke hence the laughing smileys

·
Registered
763 Posts
Point I am trying to get across is we are not all mechanically savvy or from the same place, educated, language and so on, so just help out, yes it is nice to correct mistake but have an open mind and let something’s go.

I will not be in a battle of words or wits here; I like this site very much and look forward for help when I need it and to help when I can.

I or we all are not perfect or know it all just human because we all make mistake.

That's all I will say on this point I will not reply to anything on this subject anymore.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Yep. We need a dampener on a few tempers. :)

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Only in a New York dictionary. :O

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, now that everyone has gotten their kicks; does anyone know where I can obtain a steering DAMPER at a fair price? I'm seeing the NOS OEM stuff going for $400 for a complete assembly, but has anyone know where I can get something for say half that price?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Turtle,
Bracket: just top, but I have seen it is all you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-98-99-00-01-TL1000S-TLS-STEERING-DAMPER-MOUNT-STABILIZER-BRACKET-/251450687465

Cheap ass bottom if you want reinforcement:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-2001-01-Suzuki-TL1000S-STEETING-STABILIZER-ROD-STEERING-DAMPER-51720-02F10-/190585140850

Damper:
Janky, offer him $20, then powder it or just paint it... Then replace the nasty oil that will be in it with 5W good stuff.
www.ebay.com/itm/97-01-Suzuki-TL-1000S-OEM-Steering-Damper-good-used-oem-/330920945850

Leftover rattle cans and had fun. Cheap appliance epoxy, cheaper black, brushed to create some color streaks, then a clear. FREE from extra paint sitting around.

There you go sir. $50...

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Tortugatron, get a hold of Dave Moss and get your suspension set up properly then you won't have a need for a damper. If you really must have one, keep an eye out in the sale threads for a part out. One or two Scott's dampers for the TLS were recently sold for less than $300 (each) over on TLP, just need to keep your eyes open.

http://www.crstuning.com/

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was kind of thinking the same thing about getting the suspension dialed in. I haven't had any issues so far with speed wobble (knock on wood), and I do prefer the feeling of not having super stiff steering in low speed maneuvers. I'll drop a line sometime in the near future, since I know I'm due for a valve adjustment as well.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
"Alright, now that everyone has gotten their kicks; does anyone know where I can obtain a steering DAMPER at a fair price? I'm seeing the NOS OEM stuff going for $400 for a complete assembly, but has anyone know where I can get something for say half that price?"

I have a couple of OEM dampers that have already had the oil changed,one has 5w and the other 2.5w. I liked the 2.5 w myself
You are welcome to one if the postage isn't worth more than the part.
Unfortunately they are for an R so you'd still need to locate mounts for an S

1 - 20 of 21 Posts