TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a handlebar çonversion done on my TLrw and now looking into a steering damper relocation. As you do!

Now I'm not Looking for a second mortgage but I'm also not Looking to go cheap either.....though I'm not put off by Chinese damper kits etc. as I believe they are pretty good by all accounts.
I've ridden the Tlr without the damper and yes it can be a pain but bearable. But I'd prefer one to be there.
However, trying to find a damper bracket kit to relocate across the frònt of the tank is proving a challenge.
Wondering if anyone has any experience of This?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
You got a pic of your new bar arrangement? It might make things easier if we can see what we're working with.

BTW I use one of the chinese steering dampers. No problems so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
I ran my TLR fighter without a steering damper and had no issues. Whether the change in weight distribution from the upright bars was the cause I dont know. Later it was run with an extended swingarm at drag strips without a steering damper and again had no issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you get this sorted in the end? I have a TLS, and I have removed a harris bracket and ohlins damper. I know one of the bits needs a bearing in it (a small knuckle thing), but if I can find it, would you be interested in it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No still looking into it.......Hyper do a mount kit but looks way too much going on for me. Im thinking on maybe the gsxr1000 conversion bracket mount kit which looks simple enough straight across to where my old mount stalk is on the frame of my TLr.
Be interested to know what you set up looks like?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts