TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Any help would be great!

Went out on my TL yesterday, when I tried to start it back up, no starting, starter motor whirring, Could not bump start. Called out the AA and the guy said that the battery was showing low voltage and that the battery is not charging when I'm riding the bike, the voltage actually drops the higher in the rev rage it goes. The bike can be jump started....

Anyone experienced the problem and knows how it can be fixed?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
fairly common.....it's usually the reg rectifier....get your battery fully charged and tested......then if that's ok....fire your bike up and put a meter across your battery terminals.....not sure on exact voltge...but should be over 13v at idle.......this will tell you if it's charging...worth downloding the manual for trouble shooting...if it's not charging pull the 3 yellow wires running from gen to reg/rec.....start bike...put volt meter between 2 of the yellow wires form gen ....at 5,000rpm i think it should read +75v...do this across all the wires....double check with the manual though....i've not got mine infront of me.....if all is good there it's 95% a dead reg/rec...

·
Moderator,
8,227 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts