TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently ran the bike out of gas and unfortunately with work it sat for a week or so. Not that it probably has anything to do with it but, now I won;t start. Fuel pump primes and when I hit the starter.....nothing. No noises no grinding. does not even try to turn over. I checked the tip over switch and it seems fine. I am not getting any codes either. Is there a plug that might have come loose to cause this problem?

Any insight would be appreciated

Thanks

Nicholas

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Battery to starter relay to starter. Check that fuse first. (under seat) Kickstand, clutch, TO sensor are all the biggies usually.

·
Registered
871 Posts
best way to see if the starter is gone is to take a screwdriver or something of that sort and jump the two poles and if it starts it is:) the starter relay or the line from the relay to the starter switch but most likely it is the relay!

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Interlocks, is the kill switch on, is the kick stand switch working, is the clutch switch working?

·
Registered
871 Posts
best way to see if the starter is gone is to take a screwdriver or something of that sort and jump the two poles and if it starts it is the starter relay or the line from the relay to the starter switch but most likely it is the relay! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bike wont start

Hey

Thanks for the replies so far. What is the easiest access for the starter and its relay?
Might seem like a stupid question but never really focused on finding the starter.

Fuse under seat? I did the gap mod so all of the wires are right there and I did not seem to find the fuse. Maybe I did not look hard enough. or is it in some sort of plastic container/plug looking device?

Thanks everyone

Nicholas

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
I assume it was in the same place for a TLR, might not be. Follow the positive wire from the battery and youll run right into it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
to access the starter take the right side fairing and the belly pan off and you can see it clear as day on the bottomof the motor , towards the front. now to access the relay take off the left side fairig and it is right above the right hand upper corner of the battery box. it should have a green cover over the top of it

If anyone has any pics (and i now you tl gear heads have some) could yoou post just for reference!:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
help

THanks everyone for your input this should really help speed up the bikes recovery.

Thanks again

Nicholas

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
figured it out

Hey,

the advice to take the left side fairing off and jump the relay worked. as soon as I jumped it the bike attempted to fire. Guess that I am now in the market for a new one. anyone know that approxiamte price?

Thanks

Nicholas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts