TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I need some help, mylast TLS was smashed by a doddering old git in a vauxhall and there was nothing worth salvaging.Bummer! His Insurance has now paid out, YIPPEE!!!!!!

I have a late model TLX that I really want to Trick, I want to do an Ohlins conversion but no one in the UK stocks ohlins or has listings for Shocks for the TLS...... Drag! I need HELP.

I have A friend thats going to help me convert this beauty example into an awesome one off bike but any input you guys want to chip in is welcome.

I have herad that you can also change the throttle bodies for TLR ones and that will give you a huge power increase???

Once shes done I'll unvail her on the site as you guys deserve the first viewing after all the help you've given me:)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well first things first is to get the 1/5 throtte from rifleman, thats a no brainer there :p
Then second you need a clear clutch cover, now rifleman is da man again, so thats ya sorted. :coocoo

As for the throttle bodies part, thats news to me, would think do that much, but then again i ain't no good on stuff, thats why i live here on TLZone :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, much research is needed, clear cluctch cover is now a must. I know this is a dumb question, how do you change what it says under your profile name?? I want to change babytwin... It ani't no baby!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...I think your talking about adding the TLR bell mouths to the TLS throttle bodies of your intakes...that will give you a power increase in your mid range...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hmmm looks like its been removed, normally you need a certain post count for changing it, but when i did mine i was running on TLP not TLZ, so looks like the option now disabled on here.

Have to PM an admin to ask for them to do it for ya :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'll let you know some ideas... Want to keep the bike looking standard ish!!! but i want it to have alot of power handle alot better but it is having a customer colour put on it, so a bit of everything. My primary concern is getting the handling and power right then the look will come later... Ideas so far A yoshi full system. Ohlins converstion including steering damper but no one seems to have any in the UK, Tlr Front brakes and throttle bodies if you increase the stopping you can sure as hell increase the goinging!!!!! Then its down to the fine styling, like a modified undertray from topgun and some other top secret ideas!!!

Input guys??

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for that i'm on it now...... also anyone know how to get hold of Rifleman for a clear clutch cover????

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Not TLR throttle bodies. You'll have to cut a frame brace out, make a new floor for the airbox, fit a TLR ECU alter the loom for the extra injectors, off the top of my head.

TLR Bellmouths. But it's not a huge increase.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Fragle said:
Thanks for that i'm on it now...... also anyone know how to get hold of Rifleman for a clear clutch cover????
yell loud enough he'll come running :laugh

give him a PM (private message) top of page - search link/tic - serch member (type his name in) clic on go - look for sent bla bla bla private message.

oh yeh welcome to the zone from the land downunder :bigfinger

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
M3NF said:
Hmmm looks like its been removed, normally you need a certain post count for changing it, but when i did mine i was running on TLP not TLZ, so looks like the option now disabled on here.

i think it's a gold subscriber option?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bugger... that sounds like a major rework, so other than the standard PCIII, yoshi full system and a custom map what can I do for a major power increase???

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Fragle said:
what can I do for a major power increase???
Trade it for an I4 1000 :laugh

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No Way.......That sucks so how do you become a gold suscriber????? I an't kissing arse???

Also a big hello right back to you guys down under from the uk

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
$$ is the way to change what is says above the avatar.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
M3NF said:
:lol Go on ask them.....

For some very nice trick bits, check out group buys and look for the name 'vandriver'!:hail

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
If you want to improve handling you can get the öhlins but you will still have to use the spring on a stick. Which isn't saving the weight you would with a complete replacement shock. :O

With a Yoshi system, open filter, pc and so on you will gain some power and by making the whole bike lighter you will get even better handling and performance!

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Fragle said:
PM sent, I just moved into my new house so things are a fright at the moment.

1/5th is pretty much a standard "everyone does it" mod. Easy, inexpensive, and makes the bike feel great.

the clear clutch cover is mucho bling, but I'm pretty back logged on them. However the 97S gets you moved to the front of the line because I have one or two already moded in stock.

Take a look at your PM, pix included.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts