TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Anybody like the looks of this? If no one else outbids me, I'll be getting it and it'll be my winter project. But I have a strong feeling that someone else will have deeper pockets than me(not that hard.)

Basically the swing arm is off a VFR and it has a 5 spoke rear wheel. It has a brand new Michelin Pilot 170/60 ZR17 on it with maybe 50 miles or so. You may be able to go a little larger on the rear tire, but depends on the clearance of the swingarm. The original swing arm shock mount is on the bottom for the VFR. It has since been removed and a shock mount has been welded on the top of it where an Ohlins Race shock off of a Cannondale S440 Super Motard Race bike has been installed. This not only gives you awesome suspension, but it also frees up the original shock hole for the rear exhaust pipe that comes out of the rear cylinder to travel through. The mounting of it is custom machined utilizing both the VFR pivot bolt and also the ends of the original TL pivot bolt and frame mounts. This works very well and looks awesome. It was a blast on my street fighter. This will also allow you to shave off some weight because you can illiminate the crazy stock damper rear suspension and if desired you can shave off the excess on the frame to trim it down.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
that's nice:yes
pretty ingenious using a shock from a 'dale motard but can't see how the top end mounts:confused

would it force you to use a single sided exhaust? i'd imagine the viffer arm is meatier and sticks out more than the tl so the left hand link pipe would probably interfere with it:O

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dungbeetle said:
its a fairly ugly set up. the top of the shock is bolted to a rusty piece of steel....id hate to think what the front of the swingarm looks like where it bolts to the frame!!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have a Triumph T595 swinger and wheel laying around for sale if anyone wants to have a go at it.
It's too wide for the TLR frame but should be doable on an "S".

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
I wouldn't touch that SSSA set up if it was on the last bike on earth. The thing is scary. :dowhat

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
isnt that makenzie71 bike? or am i mistaken?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
upon close inspection mak setups looks safe compared to this

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey I bid up to 140 dollars for it. I figure with a few mods you can make it work. If you have some imagination and help of some one who can fab some stuff you can't, you can make it better.

Don't let other tell you what is possible...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hey man if you want an SSSA then hit me up...I wouldn't pay more than $300 for that and only that much because you can make it up on the viffer forums for the wheel, brakes, shock and such. The swingarm it's self if destroyed and the guy isn't too bright trusting an after-thought welded bracket to support his life.

The basic bolt-on ready to roll kit is $1440 shipped and I'm now including a new tire to match whatever you use up front. This includes EVERYTHING to bolt on the bike and ride! I also offer nice discounts for any parts you supply on your own.

Soma and Swinget here both now have my kits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.