TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey fellas so im going over at the top of third just on limiter, i wana keep the bike in high revs to get me hp workn so it was 17front and 42rear now im running 14th front n 42 rear hopn to go over in fith gear? um am i going to do four backflips off takeoff?? shez lowered and im gettn ok at launchn her without much lift just a power wheelie when i pik 2nd..

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
hmm 14? is the chain eating the swingarm?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really:banghead
cause im gunna fit it tommorro so it wont work?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont forget me bikes lowered so me swingarm is straight?? thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I don't do drag racing, but for standing starts on track I always found starting is more difficult if gearing is too short. Maybe a question of getting used to it. 16-39 or 16-40 works decent for me, anything much shorter seems more difficult.

No question a 14 tooth front sprocket is very short. At some point the first gear is geared so short, it gets useless.

The green TLS was geared 16-43 :laugh He saw only sky in 1st, 2nd and 3rd :lol I'm #300 on the left.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't do drag racing, but for standing starts on track I always found starting is more difficult if gearing is too short. Maybe a question of getting used to it. 16-39 or 16-40 works decent for me, anything much shorter seems more difficult.

No question a 14 tooth front sprocket is very short. At some point the first gear is geared so short, it gets useless.

The green TLS was geared 16-43 :laugh He saw only sky in 1st, 2nd and 3rd :lol I'm #300 on the left.

Greetings
Rufer
might take it back n get a 16th front n keep me 42rear ay:) cause need some time after launchn to get me leg up to shift second?? off to work for now:puke

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Could always pm n2wheelies too, hes probably had more drag strip expirience then anyone on the site with his TL :O

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ya man its more important on the Inline motors for gearing for 1/4 and 1/8 mile... They dont have the low end torque of the Tiller so they need the shorter gearing to get into higher RPM's and stay there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you blokesd think 14-42 is was to short? might go 16-42

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
You could try it and see.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i swapped it for a 16th front :) now hoping for 10.40 rubber ducky:laugh

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
16 42 is what i use, that works good for 130 mph in 5th near redline at the traps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wats your best 60ft, i got a 1.62:O and i cant get better than 10.80:banghead

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
1.60s are pretty good. :thumbup

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
done a 10.40 guys im fukn cheern and representn the tilla at the drags hard:)

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
thats excellent. :thumbup do you know altitude at your track?

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
done a 10.40 guys im fukn cheern and representn the tilla at the drags hard:)
What language is that :confused:laugh

Slow down and hit a few more keys per word for us old guys :devious

16 is the smallest front you can use on a TL and even that doesn't do the swingarm slider any favours :thumbup

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
thats some good air. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts