TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed a friends sprocket shaft seal from a '98 TLR lately, and also my own '99 TLR seal last weekend.

The number on the original seal was GP038K1, the new seal (OEM part) was GP38K3.
Small difference between the old and the new seal were the small groves in the inner sealing ring.

Old GP038K1:

New GP038K3:

None of the two bikes have leaked since.
The first already went on a trip to germany, and won't leak again cause the bike's now wrecked.

The second(my) bike doesn't leak after a trackday at the ATP test facility in Papenburg Germany. It's the same track mercedes does a lot of their testing, so sadly we weren't allowed to take pictures. Nice track, especially on a TLR. You can give 'em Gixxer 1000's a hard time.

http://inet.atppbg.de/index.php

We had a go on the Handlingkurs (HAK).

·
Registered
994 Posts
this is some great info, i have been needing to do this for some time now but have hesitated. i figured i could always keep fresh motul in my tiller because of this seal leaking:devious .

:bwtiller :cheers

by the way what make and model of digital camera are you using? it takes great close ups.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Nikon Coolpix 5700.

8x optical zoom, 5 megapixels and great close-ups indeed.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cven said:
pt#-09283-38017 38x52x "top pic"=$11.13 pt#-09283-38020 "bottom pic"=$17.25 Not leaking oil = PRICELESS

Huh???? Where did you get those numbers?

mine was 09285-06015, from the fiche and on the bag, and I payed 17,32 euro's = 21.56 USD i guess.

Have I been ripped, or is it Europe's blessing.

Whatever, the bitch still doesn't leak.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
DeaninLBC said:
by the way what make and model of digital camera are you using? it takes great close ups.
Most digital cameras will take quite decent closeups. You just have to put your camera into macro mode. (hint: Most designate this with the symbol of a little flower)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts