TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did the search button someone has to have a better answer :O . Setting the preload in the rear do i really have to remove the s.o.a.s? :banghead thats all i can find in my searches :confused Do i really have to take it off adjust it put it back sit on the bike measure and repeat until i get it right ? My sag is way off in the back i have about 2 5/8 inches sag for you across the pond thats appox 66.68mm so i gots to do something :coocoo

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
You can punch it loose with a screwdriver or similar when mounted. It's not really well accessible, but it works.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Tried that, even with a bunch of wd-40 on it, maybe i need a bigger hammer!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update!

Couldn't break it loose just to let yall know i finally pulled it. Adusted it, measured, had to take it out again and adjust it put it back together sit on it measure it. Its not perfect but its alo closer than it was. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! If you think you rear suspension sucks the rotary damper is not great. Check your sag first, set it then decide how long you can live with the rotary, it doesnt really bother me at all. I am a heavier guy and always read it did ok for heavy guys.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, proper sag is key to make any bike handle correctly. The rotory damper still sucks though - rock hard when cold, bouncy when hot.

You can punch it loose with a screwdriver or similar when mounted. It's not really well accessible, but it works.

Greetings
Rufer
:stupid this is how I do it. Take the weight off the rear suspension and it moves easier as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts