TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, when I slip the clutch, all that I'm doing is spinning the rear wheel and going no where. Same thing when I just try and snap it up off throttle. Am I not far back enough in the seat or am I trying to low in the rev range ore what? help?:O

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
don't wanna sound silly, but are you sure the rear is spinning and not just the clutch :O

Your tyres must be really crap to spin the rear rather than lift the front:O :dowhat :coocoo :coocoo

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
what pressure r u running in the rear? sounds like 2 much but it could also be a heap of other things. if your trying to wheelie you dont need to be that agressive with the throttle. sit back a bit and upright a bit. could also be 2 much compression in the rear shock. but im just grasping at straws here. its prob the way u r doing it. take it easy...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
If it was slipping clutch you'd notice! I mean, when it spins even when your going straight it still feels like it's dribling to one side! We'll thats my experience on wet roads anyway..

Then again.. you would have a serious lack of grip there! good for drifting :laugh

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm a light weight and spin up the rear all the time at stock pressure. Lower it a little, couple pounds or 5 and then it'll stick like glue. You'll also start wearing a wider/flatter spot on the tire, but it's up to you.

You can alter your technique too, slide your butt back as far as it will go, squeeze hard with your knees and you should literally be putting no weight on the bars.

C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts