TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

anyone know what kind of spider this is?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Common name: It is called a "garden spider" in these parts....it looks to be a mighty fine one at that...

I will find out what the scientific name or any other names it goes by in the next day or two....got an entemologist buddy I will ask.

·
Registered
546 Posts
oh....btw be sure to keep it around....with the EEE laiden skeeters around it is a good buddy to have in the yard....it could eat a dozen a day easy....

·
Moderator,
8,251 Posts
:stupid Yep, run of the mill garden spider. They are your friend, unless of course you're Ed. :dowhat

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tornado said:
get it to bite you and take pics of the outcome, it'll be easier for us to identify...
Ok,so I let the spider bite me and the doctor said I should be able to keep the leg!!!!!
Thanks for the great idea tornado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coocoo

·
Registered
793 Posts
I believe it is an orb weaver, family Araneidae. It is a large family, with hundreds of species, found commonly in gardens.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
general house spider, i have them and feed them cricket and people that post things in the wrong section :laugh

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
if it was in my garden i would make it my pet.. catch grasshoppers and throw them on her web and sit and watch the horror.. i once had a garden "pet" spider for 3 years and it kept getting bigger and bigger then i donno what happend she moved out of our garden..:(

but i like the colors on urs.. just like my tiller :thumbup

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Pfunk said:
I believe it is an orb weaver, family Araneidae. It is a large family, with hundreds of species, found commonly in gardens.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

We used to have one of these outside our front window, the kids named him Fred.
Nice pretty spider. :thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
how did I know mototiller would be in here? :O

Post up your bite pics man! :thumbup We haven't been that grossed out in a while.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
TL Freak said:
general house spider, i have them and feed them cricket and people that post things in the wrong section :laugh
+1 on the feeding people who post in the wrong section:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
14,150 Posts
No no no, post the good ones, where half your leg was missing! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Josephd14 said:
:eek:fftopic :eek:fftopic :eek:fftopic :eek:fftopic

:O :O we were talking spiders :O :O :confused

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I believe my brother was biten by a spider. It look bad. We did not get any pics of it though. It's heal up now but it was nasty. He still has a nasty scar from it on his neck.

·
14,150 Posts
:puke Those were the ones.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I usually celebrate my spider bites with an Export "A" cigarette myself.... Malboro =:puke

1 - 20 of 23 Posts