TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one at 9PM had some stunter chick who could stunt fairly well and was definitely bangable.

But the show at 9:30 was about Robert Jenson and his race crew in the AMA. Then about a dude in Cali who had pins put in his clutch hand and was racing the next weekend to save his championship. It was a cool episode. Maybe the show won't be ALL bad.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah, nice episode!

Scott Jensen is really cool & basically travels from one racetrack to another competing in various race series trying to finish as well as he can to collect purses & Suzuki contingency money. Kind of what Doug Polen did in the late 80's. If you happen to be at an AMA roadrace weekend & the races are over on Sunday meander over to Scott's box van. Big "GPR" on the side so it should be easier to spot in the pits. Scott literally fills up the entire van top to bottom with gear. Practically every square inch of that sucker is loaded full of stuff from the floor to the ceiling! It is pretty amazing sight. Helped him load up after the Corona guys threw the season ending party in the Road Atlanta pits last season. We were having a few cold ones & decided to give Scott a hand. Me & my team mates were whopping it up as it looked like there was no way on earth all that stuff was going to fit in there. People started offering Scott a hand dragging stuff back to his home base in Phoenix but he would hear none of it. It was all going in there & he said stick around to see it happen. There must have been 12 sets of tires, most of them take offs that were wedged into every spare gap! After loading up the usual stuff we just ended up handing him stuff as he knew how to stuff things in the proper fashion. It took a few tries to get those last few tires in far enough to get enouhg clearance to pull the van's rear door down but Scott got it done.

Nice to see GPR Rob out there helping Scott out & getting on camera as well. Worked with him on Corey Eaton's Cali Speedway AMA race effort. Rob has some good insight on how to get serious suspension issues sorted on a race bike & isn't too scared to pull out a rear shock more than a few times to get it done. He really earned my respect that weekend. Good people.

Also member DJKoenig got into the mix as well. Yep, that was him you heard announcing the Willow Springs race in the background. DJ - didn't think someone would catch that did you? Must be all the tech stuff they got me doing these days!
:laugh

·
Registered
149 Posts
saw this episode too...not bad, first time i've watched superbikes...looked like both riders had skill, didn't know you could straighten out a frame, swingarm, triples like he did..and the one guy who gets 13th with a stock engine...nice.

the chicks stunting was WEAK...look I stunt on public streets...yyyaaahh.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah I watched it for the first time last night too. Saw the first stunting episode and was not impressed at all. Somehow I stuck around for the second that focused on track stuff and it was actually pretty good. :O I just wish you could have some idea of what to expect when you sit down to watch it. From what I hear it's usually one or the other, and sure looked like that last night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts