TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent been on my tl in a while its been sitting about 6 months
But when i rode it to get my tires changed at a buddies house the speedo was dead.:O
About half way there bout 10 min into the ride it starts to work. When i left, the speedometer was dead again what gives. i took the sensor out of its spot and cleaned it off but noticed nothing out of the ordinary.
and by the way the bike sits outside under a cover a not so great cover so maybe could have gotten water somewhere not suppposed to.
any suggestions would be helpfull. btw everything else works cluster lights lcd fi light and rpms, speedo needle just sits dead.

·
Registered
671 Posts
i've got one working intermittently at the moment. staying tuned.......

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Clean the starwheel on the front sprocket? It triggers the sensor. Did a thinner sprocket move it too far away?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cracked old TL100R speedometer and bought Suzuki GSXR 750 1998 speedometer. Everything is OK, but it don`t show temperature, and i can`t do dealer mode.In that place where should be shown temperature always show ,, _ _ _ " does not even show ,,CHEC" when ignition is off. Can someone help me, can GSXR 750 1998 speedometer fit TL1000R 2001? ( they look same, except gsxr has 16Krpm...)

·
Registered
20 Posts
So i just got my 02 TLR put back together and speedo isnt speedoing. From what i gather the trip/odometer should be wotking if its just the gauge but if the plug for the sensor or the sensor itself is bad the sll three will not function am i correct in this evaluation? Makes sense in my head anyway. Ill keep yall posted even tho this was 9 years sgo you guys were after this gremlin.
Either way it seems to me this is just a hall effect sensor which i should be able to test eith a multimeter and a magnet. Stand by for discoveries.

·
Registered
424 Posts
From what i gather the trip/odometer should be wotking if its just the gauge but if the plug for the sensor or the sensor itself is bad the sll three will not function am i correct in this evaluation?
That's correct.

Either way it seems to me this is just a hall effect sensor which i should be able to test eith a multimeter and a magnet.
Check the service manual for the test setup. According to the manual you'll need a 10 KΩ resistor as the load. However, anything >1 KΩ should be sufficient for the test.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's correct.

Check the service manual for the test setup. According to the manual you'll need a 10 KΩ resistor as the load. However, anything >1 KΩ should be sufficient for the test.
Ok good info because all i have is a haynes manual and it says
That's correct.

If you dont mind post a pic of the page for me or let me know what page number i should be on because i could not find anything more about it last night. I still need to pull the fairing to check plugs and what not too.
to take it to tech because special equipment is required... POPPYCOCK! im an electrician/millwright i got bags full of special test equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts